Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HD Oil Pump Installation
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Allan
IPB Image Trying to install the HD oil pump and I'm not sure about the depth of the new longer studs. Do I bottom them out or just deep enough so I have a few threads showing at the nut. Seems almost like the hole is too deep.
Allan
IPB Image C'mon guys. Somebody has to know.
balthazar
They know, they are just hung over! IPB Image
McMark
You shouldn't bottom them out. There's not a lot of pressure there so just put them in a good amount. You probably only need 10-15 threads at the least. I can't remember if the holes go all the way through.
Allan
IPB Image Thank you. I don't know either if it goes all the way through but I know it is really deep.
brant
Allan,

sorry for going off topic..
but which brand of pump is it and where did you get it...

(I'm looking for one and trying to re-educate myself on brands and prices)

brant
Allan
It's a Melling. I got it from Pelican. Don't remember exactly what it cost. Also, the gasket kit comes with an oil pump o-ring. I am watching Jakes video and he dosn't use one. Is this a type 1, 2, or 3 thing?
brant
I have to put a different motor into a chassis with a front cooler already installed..

thought I would buy a better than stock pump for it..
Last time I bought a pump was 5 years ago, and it was a melling too... but I didn't know if that was still the preferred, and where to get it.

type IV, 2.0L

brant
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.