Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ring Taxi
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spare time toys
There may be chance we go to Germany later this year. I was asked if I knew of a fun place to go for an afternoon. I have seen stories of the ring taxi that BMW puts on. Does anyone know if they still do this or have you done it? aktion035.gif
jhadler
QUOTE(spare time toys @ Jan 8 2014, 02:29 PM) *

There may be chance we go to Germany later this year. I was asked if I knew of a fun place to go for an afternoon. I have seen stories of the ring taxi that BMW puts on. Does anyone know if they still do this or have you done it? aktion035.gif

That used be driven by Sabine, but she no longer gives passenger rides... Her company still does it though...

Sabine Schmitz Motorsport

-Josh2
Gustl
I've seen various reports on german TV about it
a female ex-race driver is behind the wheel
IIRC it was a BMW M5 which she used to drive "close to the limit"
most of the passengers got really scared biggrin.gif

check out YouTube - there should be lots of videos

2mAn
If I remember right its not cheap. I would just rent a car at the track and drive it yourself! Thats what I did. Life changing experience
Elliot Cannon
Not cheap. Lots of fun. The day before we went to the track they told me the insurance deductible was $10,000. av-943.gif Good luck and have a nice time. http://www.rent4ring.de/en/info/rentals-fo...rdschleife.html
2mAn
Mine cost ~$500 for 4 laps in a Polo GTi. It was a blast, next time I plan on getting something RWD, but I need more practice on Gran Turismo av-943.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Gustl @ Jan 8 2014, 01:58 PM) *

I've seen various reports on german TV about it
a female ex-race driver is behind the wheel
IIRC it was a BMW M5 which she used to drive "close to the limit"
most of the passengers got really scared biggrin.gif

check out YouTube - there should be lots of videos

Yes, Sabine Schmitz...
spare time toys
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jan 8 2014, 06:33 PM) *

Not cheap. Lots of fun. The day before we went to the track they told me the insurance deductible was $10,000. av-943.gif Good luck and have a nice time. http://www.rent4ring.de/en/info/rentals-fo...rdschleife.html

Cool this is less cost than what i found for the taxi
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.