Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nice 73 914 2.0L on ebay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
turk22
Only know whats in the ad, but it looks like a nicely restored example, with help/parts from many of the worlds members

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-914-Appear...=US_Cars_Trucks
billh1963
Ad was certainly written by someone who knows the right names in the 914 community! biggrin.gif
Andyrew
Its a pretty damn good restoration, but I doubt he'll find a buyer over 20k.
914werke
sad.gif confused24.gif Seems like a reasonable price to me.
Andyrew
Seems like I was right smile.gif
EdwardBlume
I know a guy with a car like that idea.gif
boxsterfan
Seems like it sold for a pretty proper price. Hard to make one like that yourself for that amount of money....especially if you added up your own hours into such project.

Rust free 914's aren't cheap to come by (even restored ones) IMHO.
JawjaPorsche
When you consider that the one below just sold for $29,999! And it has a dent! I think the 2.0 is a deal!

gcrotvik
The 2.0 didn't sell (at least on eBay). The reserve was not met at the final bid of $19,100.00.

QUOTE(turk22 @ Jan 8 2014, 04:15 PM) *

Only know whats in the ad, but it looks like a nicely restored example, with help/parts from many of the worlds members

carr914
I've had an Olympic Blue car and that looks wrong
Cairo94507
That is a nice car by all appearances. I think the price is fair given all of the work that went into that car. Someone will enjoy that car for years to come.
914runnow
On my 73..(That STILL needs to go together..).....
$1275.00 = Hardware from Porsche..most now NLA
$650.00>the NOS Dash
$1450.00 NOS carpet Kit Charcoal Grey....Farbe Loop..
$350.00 Rework door panels to stock..
$500.00 re work seats to stock...
$1375.00 tranny rebuild..as below
$7400.00 motor rebuild.By a Porsche shop
$450.00 tin and parts BK05 Powdercoat..
$650.00 NOS Heat xcngrz..
$250.00 rework low mile OEM muff...
$800.00 Front rear Bilsteins..
$145.00 NOS 3 stripe springs..
$400.00 Interior Door window rebuilds..
$300.00 new ext mirrors..
$300.00 new Ext door handles...
$95.00 New int mirror....
$425.00 New rebuilt ZF steer box..
$450.00 rotors M/C and Res and brake lines
$250.00 NOS Headlight Buckets
$450.00 NOS Rear Tail hsngs/lens..
$350.00 NOS side marker and T/S buckets
$5000.00 Purchase price
$3950.00 non stated incidentals/Bowlsby work etc..
NOS windshield/NOS front valance/New frnt bumperetts
NOS front bumper/rear rechrome/NOS bumper tops..
NOS carpet for targa top.....NOS seals entire car....
NOS hardware all around Targa top..repair rework rear valance
and outer rockers ..NOS cig lighter
--------------
$27265.00 and still needs paint..
Some of the above prices are from 10 yrs ago..
and a Whole Lottah parts are now NLA or twice to three times ..
as stated.....I did not post my time and effort to disssssssmay anyone..
nor gloat.......Just as a reference in 'black and white'...
re the price.....of it's current cost...
IT Is the True Queen of Jack Stands..
hotlanta914
QUOTE(turk22 @ Jan 8 2014, 07:15 PM) *

That is my 914
hotlanta914
QUOTE(scotty boy @ Jan 8 2014, 08:48 PM) *

Based on the price he must have originally bought it from king.gif George

Nope - bought it from a guy named Rick out in UT - the price is reflective of the parts and work that has been put into the car. I have sent a number of interested eBay people links to my photobucket account with over 200 pics and a few videos that details the process the car underwent - thanks.

Brian
hotlanta914
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jan 22 2014, 02:30 PM) *

I've had an Olympic Blue car and that looks wrong

It may be the light or the pictures, but the color matches perfectly to the original color and paint I found in the trunks
hotlanta914
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Jan 21 2014, 09:49 AM) *

When you consider that the one below just sold for $29,999! And it has a dent! I think the 2.0 is a deal!

I could not agree more - the part I love about that car is that as we all know, many of the parts like gaskets, seals, suspension components, fuel injectors, fuel and brake lines, clutch etc, do not last forever - they will all have to be replaced at some point, so what does that bring the total spend to - $32-35K
nathansnathan
QUOTE(hotlanta914 @ Jan 24 2014, 07:51 AM) *

so what does that bring the total spend to - $32-35K

Originality... that car was damn original - very few cars like that left.
hotlanta914
QUOTE(boxsterfan @ Jan 20 2014, 01:34 PM) *

Seems like it sold for a pretty proper price. Hard to make one like that yourself for that amount of money....especially if you added up your own hours into such project.

Rust free 914's aren't cheap to come by (even restored ones) IMHO.

My 914 did not sell...yet. I am in discussions with a guy from UK and I intend to put it back on the market this weekend. There are dozens of things about this car and this build that were done to make the car right. Many of them you will never see, but you do them nonetheless because it is the right way to do them. This is my second 914 build. Between the two of them, I have done plenty of business with George, Chris, Eric, Mark, Blake and Jake as well as a number of members of the World that I bought and sold parts to.

There is another excellent post here that lists the parts alone - quite accurate. What's not included is the time that you spend sourcing the parts, the shipping costs and then there are all those trips to the parts or hardware store and some of the specialty tools that you have to pick up along the way - but you guys know all that.....wait, does all of this qualify me for a twelve step program somewhere?
StratPlayer
Glad to see prices going up
914werke
Those of us that have BTDT understand. sunglasses.gif
Does it have a COA ?
boogie_man
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Jan 9 2014, 06:40 AM) *

sad.gif confused24.gif Seems like a reasonable price to me.

agree.gif
hotlanta914
applying for COA this weekend
IGTARD
wow! shades.gif Thanks. Car is 1974 2.0 I lost ALL keys. Doors are locked. Trunk is open. Previous key work has separate ignition key/lock, separate passenger door key/lock and separate driver side key/lock. I'm on Left Coast north of L.A. welcome.png IGTARD
Nozzle
QUOTE(hotlanta914 @ Jan 24 2014, 10:00 PM) *

applying for COA this weekend

Be prepared for some possibly strange results for your 914 COA. I got mine many years ago and although the basics were correct (color and engine number), it listed the car as a Norwegian market (?) base model yet the original documentation shows it was a 2.0 delivered to a Santa Barbara, CA dealership when new. Hopefully they've gotten better since I got mine... smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.