Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1974 on Craigslist
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
abnrdo
Does anyone know what the parts would be worth? I am thinking of buying for the bumpers. It had an engine fire.

1974 Teener
JRust
QUOTE(abnrdo @ Jan 10 2014, 11:39 AM) *

Does anyone know what the parts would be worth? I am thinking of buying for the bumpers. It had an engine fire.

1974 Teener

Not much. I sure wouldn't pay even $300 for that car. Unless miraculously the dash is perfect. You won't get much out of parts off that car. Run away or offer to just buy the bumpers.
abnrdo
QUOTE(JRust @ Jan 10 2014, 01:52 PM) *

QUOTE(abnrdo @ Jan 10 2014, 11:39 AM) *

1974 Teener

Not much. I sure wouldn't pay even $300 for that car. Unless miraculously the dash is perfect. You won't get much out of parts off that car. Run away or offer to just buy the bumpers.

I appreciate the reply! I am trying to purchase the bumpers from him. I just dont want to drive 5 hours one way to pick them up. Hopefully he will agree on shipping them to me. Thanks!
ericoneal
The fuel lines are probably shot as well...
JawjaPorsche
It looks like bumpers are not chrome so maybe $150 plus shipping plus his labor to remove and ship.

Dam shame about teener. Fuel lines busted?
boxsterfan
There are likely some valuable parts left in there. Fuel tank itself. Fuel pump if it was moved up front, Master Cylinder, front calipers, maybe rear calipers if not burned, front spare tire, headlight motors, bumpers, fog lights?, fog light grills?, seats, backpad, door panels, window regulators, tail light lenses, etc...

After selling off parts, you could also cut up parts of the body for others to use here.

Problem is it may take you a few years to sell off everything.

vw505
That is why I carry a fire extinguisher. Who else has one in there car?
hot_shoe914
I thought about buying the car but bought a horse trailer insted. If he still has it when I get spare time, I'm going to go check it out.
JStroud
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Jan 10 2014, 05:17 PM) *

I thought about buying the car but bought a horse trailer insted. If he still has it when I get spare time, I'm going to go check it out.

A horse trailer,you can't haul a 914 in a horse trailer av-943.gif

Jeff
rhodyguy
if you like the look you can buy those wheels NEW for $69.95+shp and not have a burned up 'good for scrap' car on your property.
billh1963
I'm as guilty as the next person for buying parts cars but even I wouldn't want anything to do with that car....
Drums66
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Jan 11 2014, 06:08 PM) *

I'm as guilty as the next person for buying parts cars but even I wouldn't want anything to do with that car....

....I concur flag.gif bye1.gif
(GO CHARGER'S)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.