Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FG Rockers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mike's2nd914
One of my rockers is toast, the other is fine. I'm wondering which is better, swap both to FG or replace the bad one.

Mike
Lawrence
Your call. I like the steel rockers, but that's just me. Good ones tend to be expensive.

I had fiberglass rockers on my 74 1.8, and really had no complaint with them. I *think* that when they come new, you have to drill your own mounting holes.

-Rusty
Mike's2nd914
Looks like the FG is the cheaper way to go. With all this car is gonna need, cheap is good!
Lawrence
Since you only need one - post a Wanted ad over at the Classifieds. I'm sure someone has a set in their stash.
campbellcj
Find somebody who is doing a GT flare or Sheridan widebody conversion and therefore replacing their rockers with the flared-end versions.

That's what I did...$30 for a pair of very clean steel OE covers. They needed repainting but the metal is perfect.
URY914
I've got a set I'll sell you. Steel.
E-mail me.
BIGKAT_83
Which side do you need I'll be coming thru Birmingham early Wed. morning. I'll throw one out by a road sign. mellow.gif mellow.gif
Mike's2nd914
Thanks for the suggestions. BIGKAT, I sent you an email a few ago.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.