Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oooops
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JStroud
Well since I decided to do the -6 conversion on the white car, I've been stripping down the black car to get the metal repairs done welder.gif it needs a new cowl, and after taking the radiator and oil cooler setup out the front end needs quite a bit of welding as well. dry.gif so getting it to driver status was not going to be as easy as I first thought.

Then Jeff (Jeffs9146) put this car up for sale at a very reasonable price for a driver....I couldn't resist, thanks Jeff.
It's a 70, with some later model upgrades, needs some clean up, new tires, clutch tube repaired, and one new ball joint to be in driving condition. Starts right up seems to run good.

So now I'll have something to drive while I do the -6 conversion on the white car, didn't want to go that long without a car to drive, but didn't want to rush the conversion either.

And of course pictures....

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Think when I drive it past the house my wife will notice it's not white. av-943.gif

Jeff
billh1963
There is help available for people with addictive disorders lol-2.gif
JStroud
QUOTE(scotty boy @ Jan 11 2014, 06:00 PM) *

Quite the collection chowtime.gif

Thanks, maybe someday they'll all run....well except the red one.

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Jan 11 2014, 06:04 PM) *

When I stop buying cars that's when I'm really going to need help drooley.gif

Jeff
McMark
Cool!

We should talk about the Black car and Tim. wink.gif
JStroud
QUOTE(McMark @ Jan 11 2014, 06:18 PM) *

Cool!

We should talk about the Black car and Tim. wink.gif

Once the white car is done I'm planning on doing a -6 GT conversion on the black car.
But.....as soon as the white car is done the new orange car will be available.

Oh ya, do you still have the drivers door from the red car, I need it if you do.

Jeff
Mike Bellis
You Sir have a problem! piratenanner.gif
JStroud
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Jan 11 2014, 08:42 PM) *

You Sir have a problem! piratenanner.gif

Ya......but it's one I can deal with. beer.gif

Jeff
boxstr
Maybe Jamie Rust can help with an intervention.
Craig at CAMP
JRust
QUOTE(boxstr @ Jan 11 2014, 09:21 PM) *

Maybe Jamie Rust can help with an intervention.
Craig at CAMP

lol-2.gif Your funny Craig! He'll only need an intervention when he reaches 7 cars. I've decided that is the total to really need an intervention. That is 7 at once not lifetime obviously. Up until that point you can stop anytime you want blink.gif . Okay well maybe it's under control anyway evilgrin.gif . Congrats on the new ride Jeff. Always great having a driver while you work on other projects
JStroud
Oh it's nothing to get too excited about only 3 1/2 cars, I've had more at one time.
Besides its not the last one I'll buy, if a good deal comes along...who knows. happy11.gif

I told my wife I'm slowly acquiring project cars to keep me busy when I retire.
You never know.....it could be a long retirement......you need to be prepared. lol-2.gif

But if I ever feel like its becoming a problem I'll let you know. shades.gif

Actually I just like buying cars, I'll have to check the list, this should put me at just over 50 cars owned since I bought my first one at 15, my goal is to have bought my age in cars, need a couple more and I'm there. piratenanner.gif

Crazy.....maybe...having fun....oh ya!

Jeff
pete000
Automobile Atlanta started out this way !

lol-2.gif
euro911
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Jan 11 2014, 07:04 PM) *
... and you know this, how? laugh.gif
76-914
I'll admit it; I'm jealous. poke.gif Doesn't mean you aren't one sick puppy though! Enjoy the sickness that is 914. shades.gif
ConeDodger
OMG! You put that on my trailer? mad.gif

Just kissing! Looks like a fine driver biggrin.gif
Krieger
Congrats Jeff. You can never have too many 914s. At least you have the room.
McMark
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jan 12 2014, 10:04 AM) *

OMG! You put that on my trailer? mad.gif

Just kissing! Looks like a fine driver biggrin.gif

grouphug.gif
JStroud
Too funny, who you kissing Rob! Hey it drove on.....drove off....and didn't leak one drop of oil. shades.gif

Thanks Andy, I agree.
If I run out I guess I could build more

You guys are killing me, no ones sick here, we're the smart ones remember blink.gif

Jeff
ConeDodger
QUOTE(JStroud @ Jan 12 2014, 05:26 PM) *

Too funny, who you kissing Rob! Hey it drove on.....drove off....and didn't leak one drop of oil. shades.gif

Thanks Andy, I agree.
If I run out I guess I could build more

You guys are killing me, no ones sick here, we're the smart ones remember blink.gif

Jeff

Wrote that with my phone. Always an adventure what it will turn in to... av-943.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.