Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB EARLY REAR 914 BUMPER (70-71) OR TRADE
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
lostreasure
looking for a nice straight rear bumper for 70-71 (hard edges by license plate) I have a brand new NOS bumper 72-74 that we can work out a trade or I would just buy yours. Thank you
gcrotvik
QUOTE(lostreasure @ Jan 12 2014, 12:51 PM) *

looking for a nice straight rear bumper for 70-71 (hard edges by license plate) I have a brand new NOS bumper 72-74 that we can work out a trade or I would just buy yours. Thank you

I just purchased a 70 rear bumper that appears from the pictures to be in very good condition. Unfortunately, it's painted black. You can have it chromed if the condition is to your liking. It is currently being shipped from California. I will post pictures when I receive it later this week.

Greg
Mikey914
Got one in fiberglass, if you are planning to paint it would work. Let me Know. It's 1/8" thick and has mounting brackets that mount like OEM.

$275+ shipping if you want it.
gcrotvik
delete.
boxstr
I would want to know what is under the black paint before I took it in for chroming.
I have taken a couple of painted ones in , and found that under the paint was bondo, and fillers to make the bumper look smooth once it was painted. If you wantc a painted bumper that one looks very nice.
Craig at CAMP
lostreasure
thanks for taking pics- However I need a very nice one- thanks
sic6
QUOTE(lostreasure @ Jan 13 2014, 02:29 PM) *

thanks for taking pics- However I need a very nice one- thanks

These are not easy to find....

I have one that I bought about 3 years ago, from a fellow that is in the business of rechroming, and had rechromed it

It has never been mounted....still in bubble wrap....I now don't need it.
It came with a very small dimple on one side, barely noticeable, but it is there. I was going to take it to a dent repair place to have it massaged out, as it is so insignificant, but never bothered since it collects dust anyway.

If you are interested, let me know.
Thanks

MegoManSF
QUOTE(lostreasure @ Jan 12 2014, 12:51 PM) *

I have one on my '74 and would also like to sell the front one. The back one does have a ding on it. I'll take some pics if you're interested.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.