Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Early Steering column harness
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914itis
I am looking for a diagram to identify these wires I did a search and I couldn't locate one.
Click to view attachment
they came off the connector and I need to put them back.

Thanks
Eric_Shea
Hang tight and I'll get you one tomorrow -or-

Hit Pelican and look at the color 71 wiring diagram. Open the first one and you'll see the switch. You'll have to look close and you'll see the numbers. The wires show clearly in the color diagram.

Did this last week.

Click to view attachment
914itis
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jan 12 2014, 11:03 PM) *

Hang tight and I'll get you one tomorrow -or-

Hit Pelican and look at the color 71 wiring diagram. Open the first one and you'll see the switch. You'll have to look close and you'll see the numbers. The wires show clearly in the color diagram.

Thanks,
trying it now.........

I can't figure it out. I am bad at reading diagrams
mikesmith
QUOTE(914itis @ Jan 12 2014, 08:05 PM) *

I can't figure it out. I am bad at reading diagrams

I believe these are the numbers you're looking for. They should be moulded into the connector; just match the wire colours up with the pin numbers and you'll be good. Note that some of the wires are shown in both diagrams.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

(edit: fixed diagrams)
914itis
Thanks,
but I have a red / black not shown here.
toolguy
Normally, a red with black trace means it is from a switched power source, like through the ignition switch. .
914itis
QUOTE(toolguy @ Jan 13 2014, 12:03 AM) *

Normally, a red with black trace means it is from a switched power source, like through the ignition switch. .

I looked at the diagram and couldn't figure out the switched red/black wire
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.