Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Getting New Tires.....55s or 60 Series?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Kaduku
I am planning to replace the old stock 165/15 tires with 195s (205 is too wide for my me).

Any thoughts on whether I should get 60 or 55 series tires. I don't like the look of 65s.

I would assume the lower profile 55s would be a stiffer ride.

69telecaster
The lower profile results in a smaller diameter, which will make your speedometer inaccurate. 195/65-15's have the same OD as the original 165's. Just sayin'.

cm
boxsterfan
http://www.914world.com/specs/tirecalc.php

Use this to see how far off yoru speedo will be with varying tire sizes and see what you can live with.
siverson
185 65 15 imo...
euro911
I typically run 195/65-15 as well
somd914
I run 195/60 on 15x6 wheels. Yes, the speedo is high by about 5%, thus about 150-200 RPM more at cruise. Now for some spacers up front to widen the stance and fill the fender better... Rears look great in that respect.

What size should you run? Ask 10 people and get 10 different answers...
bzettner
Click to view attachment

195/60's! is the speedo off alittle? Just flow with the traffic aktion035.gif
lonewolfe
I run 195/60/15''s on my stock Fuchs 6/15 rims. My speedo is definitely off but like the previous poster said, just go with the traffic flow. From what I understand, you can have the speedometer re-calibrated for whatever tires you end up running. Palo Alto Speedometer or Hollywood Speedometer should be able to recalibrate your speedo if this is the case. I've been meaning to call them to find out if they can re-calibrate the Speedo and what the cost will be. I'll try to do this tomorrow and post up what I find out.
Kaduku
Thanks everyone. I don't care too much about the speedo but more interested on the stance and ride.

lonewolfe
QUOTE(Kaduku @ Jan 13 2014, 07:22 PM) *

Thanks everyone. I don't care too much about the speedo but more interested on the stance and ride.

On a 5 1/2" to 6" wide rim the 195/60/15 tires are a good fit and look good too! Some folks go up to 205's.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.