Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1969-November 914 Originally Black! #790....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
'70PVW914
So, my 914 which I knew was originally produced 11/69 according to all the plates and vin...turns out it was factory ordered BLACK, #790 off the line in 1969.

I find this to be very cool! Anyone know the total production numbers that year? Is it worth it to repaint in black even though its had a NUMBER of modifications made on it including: completely redone interior w/ 73 year specific trim, adjustable seat, rebuilt EC case 2056cc motor.....

Car was bought with all these mods...but what would an original 1969 Black 914 be worth! Rare as a -6? unsure.gif

Talk amongst yourselves....
porbmw
Is it going to need a repaint, regardless...?

If getting painted, I'd go back to original....black is a cool color, and nice to have some rarity, and correctness....

But won't bring you 6 figures...so to speak....
Pat Garvey
Black was an extra cost option during the early years (why?), and was a $300 option in '72. With all the optional/mods to your car I don't think it would warrant the expense of a total strip and respray. It's never going to be a six-figure 914. Accept it as it is.
monkeyboy
Why? Because black took a lot more prep work and showed a lot more flaws. It was way tougher back then to pull it off.

If you like black, go for it!
Ferg
Cool, A local!

Bring it to coffee and cars this spring, would love to see it.

Ferg beerchug.gif
gms
QUOTE('70PVW914 @ Jan 13 2014, 03:35 PM) *

So, my 914 which I knew was originally produced 11/69 according to all the plates and vin...turns out it was factory ordered BLACK, #790 off the line in 1969.

I find this to be very cool! Anyone know the total production numbers that year? Is it worth it to repaint in black even though its had a NUMBER of modifications made on it including: completely redone interior w/ 73 year specific trim, adjustable seat, rebuilt EC case 2056cc motor.....

Car was bought with all these mods...but what would an original 1969 Black 914 be worth! Rare as a -6? unsure.gif

Talk amongst yourselves....

Hopefully they kept all the original early parts on the car such as center tray, pedal board and seat rail frame. You might also have the early front fenders and cowl, take a photo of the corner where the door, cowl and fender meet and post it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.