Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Does anybody knows something about this 6?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Kaeferfreund
Hi 914-Friends in the States,

I need your help. I got an offer of a nice car, but I assume that could be a big fraud. There are a few odd things in the story the seller told me. So, I would like to doublecheck this.

Does anyone knows something about the 914/6 with the VIN 9140432591? It's a blue one which seems to be sold 2008 via ebay. I found the old ad.

Perhaps the formerly owner is known here. So please give me some more information regarding that car and especially its history after 2008.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

Kaeferfreund
Gustl
it's listed @ the members vin database: 9140432591
Gustl
here's a little thread about it: click
Gustl
VIN 9140432591
Engine 6405708
Trans 7502141
Paint code L98P #84

for sale on eBay in August 2008 (location: Torrance, CA)
reserve not met (final bid: US$ 29,322)

for sale @ Dealer from the Netherlands in March 2011
www.ruylclassics.nl
asking price: EUR 54.500

Kaeferfreund
QUOTE(Gustl @ Jan 13 2014, 10:31 PM) *

here's a little thread about it: click

Sold to Germany 2010? Seems to be just another mistake in the sellers "Story" today. dry.gif
Kaeferfreund
QUOTE(Gustl @ Jan 13 2014, 10:38 PM) *

VIN 9140432591
Engine 6405708
Trans 7502141
Paint code L98P #84

for sale on eBay in August 2008 (location: Torrance, CA)
reserve not met (final bid: US$ 29,322)

for sale @ Dealer from the Netherlands in March 2011
www.ruylclassics.nl
asking price: EUR 54.500

lol-2.gif unbelievable. Thanks Gustl, that's enough!

carr914
Welcome welcome.png Kaeferfreund
jim_hoyland
That car is a real 6. The original owner in So Cal sold it a year or so ago to a broker who had a buyer in Europe. I know the last US owner and could put you in contact with him after getting his permission.

The picture shown on the link was taken by me at Cars & Coffee in Irvine, Ca The blue color is original.
Kaeferfreund
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jan 14 2014, 04:34 PM) *

That car is a real 6. The original owner in So Cal sold it a year or so ago to a broker who had a buyer in Europe. I know the last US owner and could put you in contact with him after getting his permission.

The picture shown on the link was taken by me at Cars & Coffee in Irvine, Ca The blue color is original.

Thanks for your offer Jim, but the offer here in Europe is obviously a fake and somebody tries to defraud the interested parties by using pictures of that 914-6. These fotos he used seemed to be taken from the homepage of that dutch broker you and Gustl have mentioned.

I wish I had a chance to buy that car. Looks really nice. But as Gustl said, it was sold for a lot of money.
pete000
I work with a friend of the previous owner of that 914 in Torrance. He is a top mechanic of exotic collectible cars. I am not sure when he sold it, I will ask.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Kaeferfreund @ Jan 14 2014, 01:31 PM) *

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jan 14 2014, 04:34 PM) *

Thanks for your offer Jim, but the offer here in Europe is obviously a fake and somebody tries to defraud the interested parties by using pictures of that 914-6. These fotos he used seemed to be taken from the homepage of that dutch broker you and Gustl have mentioned.

I wish I had a chance to buy that car. Looks really nice. But as Gustl said, it was sold for a lot of money.

Sorry to hear. Good news is the history of that particles 914 is known. FYI - the broker paid low $ 40's
lalee914
QUOTE(pete000 @ Jan 14 2014, 04:46 PM) *

I work with a friend of the previous owner of that 914 in Torrance. He is a top mechanic of exotic collectible cars. I am not sure when he sold it, I will ask.

I have an extensive advertising history on this car dating back to 1982. I'll send it to you Kaeferfreund in a private message.

Larry Lee
Vestal, NY.
Kaeferfreund
QUOTE(lalee914 @ Jan 15 2014, 02:10 AM) *

QUOTE(pete000 @ Jan 14 2014, 04:46 PM) *

I have an extensive advertising history on this car dating back to 1982. I'll send it to you Kaeferfreund in a private message.

Larry Lee
Vestal, NY.

Got it! Great job! I'm still impressed that here are so many well informed experts. Great network and good to know.
So if I will find another one, I'll look for the history here bye1.gif

Kaeferfreund
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.