Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Freebies, for the price of delivery or pickup
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Pat Garvey
Background:

Took my 914 and a camera assistant to video the replacement of some synchros on my 914 back in the early 80's. Was supposed to be educational. Jon worked so fast that the video was useless!

At the time, he was tearing down another wrecked 2 liter 914. In his style, he cut out the VIN's before sending it to the scrapyard.

That day I picked a brain box, with wiring and a complete FI engine wiring harness from the car (Jon didn't want them). They were free to me, and will be free to anyone who wants them (delivery not included). Look to be in pretty good shape, but not guaranteed to work. I've had the for almost 30 years in a box. Pics on request.

Also have some 911 rear suspension "bananas" that spin freely and look nice. Got them at a PB Tweeks swap meet about the same time. Why? Parts whore here. No brakes but they are free for pickup only - will be thrown in the trash in 2 weeks. Pics on request, but I'm moving this Spring & they will go either way. Will NOT ship.

LMK if interested in either.
Pat
914itis
Interested in both, please post pics.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(914itis @ Jan 13 2014, 09:25 PM) *

Will do tomorrow, but remember, pickup only!
914itis
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Jan 13 2014, 09:35 PM) *

Will do tomorrow, but remember, pickup only!

yes sir! I should be in the Philly area this weekend
euro911
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Jan 13 2014, 07:15 PM) *
... In his style, he cut out the VIN's before sending it to the scrapyard.

... I've had them for almost 30 years in a box. ...
Egads, Pat, you had them for 30 years?

I thought the statute of limitation on GTA was only a few years at best confused24.gif

poke.gif
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jan 13 2014, 09:56 PM) *

QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Jan 13 2014, 07:15 PM) *
... In his style, he cut out the VIN's before sending it to the scrapyard.

... I've had them for almost 30 years in a box. ...
Egads, Pat, you had them for 30 years?

I thought the statute of limitation on GTA was only a few years at best confused24.gif

poke.gif

Mea Culpa!
Pat Garvey

Some pics of the ECU and rear wiring harness for 2.0 Side shifter bar is free too, but I made the mistake of stripping & painting it - purty though.
Bosch partno for the ECU is 028.000.044
VW partno for the ECU is 039.906.021.

As I said earlier, these are going in the trash on 1/21. All of them. Clearing out the house for a multi-state move. Moving is weight - must reduce it.
Come take 'em or leave 'em. Pics attached.
Pat
914forme
I have an identical Jon Lowe legacy harness box., Bump for a great story, and a great guy.
mepstein
Pat - if paul doesn't make it down, let me know and I will stop by Sunday or Monday. Thanks, mark
914itis
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 16 2014, 09:25 PM) *

Pat - if paul doesn't make it down, let me know and I will stop by Sunday or Monday. Thanks, mark

chair.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(914itis @ Jan 16 2014, 09:52 PM) *

chair.gif

Paul - Your first in line but if you can't make it, I don't want Pat to trash these parts. If you need them and can't pick up, contact me.
914itis
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 16 2014, 10:03 PM) *

QUOTE(914itis @ Jan 16 2014, 09:52 PM) *

chair.gif

Paul - Your first in line but if you can't make it, I don't want Pat to trash these parts. If you need them and can't pick up, contact me.

I will be heading there this weekend , I sent Pat a pm awaiting his reply for a convenient day and time. I would Like to go there Saturday.
rgolia
Paul...don't forget my door...please....and I am 10 mins from Pat so if there are any timing issues with Pat on the pickup I can get over there when it is best for Pat.
Pat Garvey
OK, so now you guys have confused an old man.
Do you, Paul, want the wiring and ECU only? Do you want the engine bar also?
Do you, Mark, want the same?

Wow, a bidding war on free parts! I may even throw in some other freebies, but they'll be a secret.
Doesn't anyone want the 911 bananas?
Pat
av-943.gif

JeffBowlsby
If you'll ship the wiring harnesses and ECU Pat, I'll cover the shipping costs. Its not possible for me to pick them up. wink.gif

BTW...where will you call home next?
bdstone914
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Jan 17 2014, 05:24 PM) *

Wow, a bidding war on free parts! I may even throw in some other freebies, but they'll be a secret.
Pat
av-943.gif

Pat,
I may want the 911 bananas depending on what year they are. Can you post a picture? Need to see the shock mount area to identify the year. Will pay you to pack and ship.
Bruce
914itis
QUOTE(rgolia @ Jan 17 2014, 01:05 PM) *

Paul...don't forget my door...please....and I am 10 mins from Pat so if there are any timing issues with Pat on the pickup I can get over there when it is best for Pat.

in my car already.......oops! driver's side right?
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jan 17 2014, 06:34 PM) *

Pat
av-943.gif

Pat,
I may want the 911 bananas depending on what year they are. Can you post a picture? Need to see the shock mount area to identify the year. Will pay you to pack and ship.
Bruce

Will do Bruce.
rgolia
QUOTE(914itis @ Jan 17 2014, 06:37 PM) *

QUOTE(rgolia @ Jan 17 2014, 01:05 PM) *

in my car already.......oops! driver's side right?

Yep drivers side
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Jan 17 2014, 06:32 PM) *

If you'll ship the wiring harnesses and ECU Pat, I'll cover the shipping costs. Its not possible for me to pick them up. wink.gif

BTW...where will you call home next?

Jeff, Paul picked them up today. Nice guy, but we were both in a hurry.
Next home will be in northern Kentucky. But still have a lot of clearing of parts to do.
Watch for sales and freebies. Weight is $$$ when moving cross country.
Pat
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jan 17 2014, 06:34 PM) *

Pat
av-943.gif

Pat,
Bruce

Bruce,

I hope you'll understand - I don't want the hassle of finding containers & shipping these beasts. They're from the late 60's too.
I feel bad because you've helped me out a number of times.
Pat
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(914forme @ Jan 16 2014, 09:12 PM) *

I have an identical Jon Lowe legacy harness box., Bump for a great story, and a great guy.

So, tell us your Jon Lowe sory. BTW, do you have any current contact info for Jon? If so, please PM me.
Pat
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.