Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rolex 24 2014 - You going?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ThePaintedMan
My buddy Marc and I will be there braving the awful weather to kick off the USCC new era. Would be fun to catch up with any of you guys if you're going. driving.gif
carr914
Nope, I will be at home watching & celebrating my Birthday!
tooms351
No, I was planning on working the race, but instead I'll be in Norman OK for 3 weeks=-O
naro914
Nadine and I will be there - going down Monday for a few days before the race, spending time with guys from a bunch of teams and some USCC officials that will be there early. Driving the GT3 down, not the 914...
ClayPerrine
Betty and I are leaving the 18th. One day at Disney, 3 days at her Father's place in the Villages, then Thursday we are in Daytona.

no1uno
Lori and I will be there Saturday and Sunday.
ClayPerrine
It was suggested that we all meet for dinner somewhere. I suggested this:

Racing's North Turn Bar and Grill

Betty and I ate there the last time we were in Daytona. It wasn't a race weekend, so it was not busy.

We could do Saturday Dinner.

If there are any locals that have a suggestion, or if you want to meet up in the track itself that would be great.

carr914
iamchappy will be at my house watching the Race laughing at you guys out in the Freezing Rain!
ThePaintedMan
Clay, that would work for me. Historically I've never left the track, but since we're not camping inside this year (bought tickets too late), it'll be nice to take a respite for dinner. Maybe we should get a PM circle going so we can exchange numbers with those who are going?
JmuRiz
I'm going...to watch it at a local porsche dealer where a fellow 914'er works.
Eddie914
What are interesting things to do to while there for the race? Where a good places to sip beverages at the track without breaking the bank? I am not going but I have three Porsche related friends making the trek from the PNW. They will be arriving 01/22 in the evening and staying through Monday. Two of them are actually 914 owners but don't frequent this site.

Is there a PCA hospitality tent or anything similar?

Thanks,

Eddie
ellisor3
Joe O'Brien, Joe Sharp, myself and 8 other friends have 2 RV's at the exit of turn 2. We will be in RV spots #108 and #11 against the fence. We will be smoking Boston Butts for pulled pork dinner. We have plenty of beer and food, come on by anytime, dinner around 6pm. I have a Jaguar tent for reference.

Card game begins at midnight.
ellisor3
QUOTE(Eddie914 @ Jan 21 2014, 07:30 PM) *

What are interesting things to do to while there for the race? Where a good places to sip beverages at the track without breaking the bank? I am not going but I have three Porsche related friends making the trek from the PNW. They will be arriving 01/22 in the evening and staying through Monday. Two of them are actually 914 owners but don't frequent this site.

Is there a PCA hospitality tent or anything similar?

Thanks,

Eddie

PCA tent is there, but nothing exciting. They should buy garage passes. Plenty of places to sit around the track. See above, they are welcome to come by. 914 ownership is their entry fee.
ThePaintedMan
See you guys there James. We'll bring refreshments.
rick 918-S
I wish my conference was this week. dry.gif Anyone going to be around February 20th ish? I have to attend a FEMA conference for NFIP certification in Lakeland. I was thinking about sticking around for an extra day or two. Maybe come to Series9 and see what's in the shop. bye1.gif
ThePaintedMan
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jan 22 2014, 08:43 AM) *

I wish my conference was this week. dry.gif Anyone going to be around February 20th ish? I have to attend a FEMA conference for NFIP certification in Lakeland. I was thinking about sticking around for an extra day or two. Maybe come to Series9 and see what's in the shop. bye1.gif

That would be fun Rick. Lakeland is about 2 hours from Joe's shop. Send us Florida boys a reminder when the date gets closer - I'd love to tag along and buy the first round.
carr914
Rick's been to Series9 before. We met over there right after Joe came back to Florida
Downunderman
Check this out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9Wxj6cTj3A One of the local V8 Supercar blokes down here doing some testing in an Alex Job cup car.
naro914
He's racing in the 24 too. Saw his name in the car!!
ClayPerrine
Betty and I have just checked into our hotel. We are headed out to the track in the morning. We are coming to visit you guys on turn 2, so do a little cleaning up before my ToolWench arrives.

naro914
Clay
where are you staying?
we'll be at the track today around 10am. Nadine will be shadowing the Rum Bum data engineer for some training all morning...I'll be wandering around all over....definitely stop by the 914 RV gathering!

See you all at the track!
rhodyguy
spaces #108 and #11 should be rocking. don't get lost when you enter one of the rvs.
carr914
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jan 14 2014, 09:30 PM) *

iamchappy will be at my house watching the Race laughing at you guys out in the Freezing Rain!

Chap is stuck in MN, so I guess have to Birthday Drink myself into a Coma alone! beer3.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.