Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "Fast and Furious", Carlsbad CA Style
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
type47fan
I came upon this about 5 minutes after it happened. The driver took out a light pole, a bus stop bench and sign, a tree, and two telephone boxes. The posted speed limit is 25. The investigating officers estimate he was going >80.

Luckily no one was seriously injured, but the driver sure gave his female passenger and people walking off their lunches in the 80 degree afternoon a thrill they won't soon forget.

In the bottom picture, if you notice the police car in the distance, that's where the GT3 driver lost control and left the road after first hitting a concrete light pole.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
76-914
Too much car; not enough driver. lol-2.gif
somd914
Darwinism at work! Too bad though, waste of a great car, plus it gives all of us Porsche owners a bad reputation...
sixnotfour
He wont be getting any.....
sixnotfour
Whats with Carlsbad ???

http://jalopnik.com/5853180/hiker-finds-po...eft-in-a-lagoon
ConeDodger
Did you happen to see the driver? I might know him. No plates. My friend just took delivery a couple weeks ago.
ConeDodger
Never mind. His is blue, not silver.

Besides, I've been watching him win racing series since the 1990's. I doubt he would run out of talent on the street.
914_teener
I see no dot bots there.......so can"t blame them..... poke.gif
QUOTE(type47fan @ Jan 15 2014, 01:57 PM) *

I came upon this about 5 minutes after it happened. The driver took out a light pole, a bus stop bench and sign, a tree, and two telephone boxes. The posted speed limit is 25. The investigating officers estimate he was going >80.

Luckily no one was seriously injured, but the driver sure gave his female passenger and people walking off their lunches in the 80 degree afternoon a thrill they won't soon forget.

In the bottom picture, if you notice the police car in the distance, that's where the GT3 driver lost control and left the road after first hitting a concrete light pole.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

Oh that little bump will buff out cheer.gif
6freak
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jan 15 2014, 03:28 PM) *

its cali it sucks! just like the drivers
SLITS
QUOTE(6freak @ Jan 16 2014, 04:33 AM) *

The "Soggy PNW" drivers are worse!
7TPorsh
Damn tree just jumped out of nowhere...
76-914
QUOTE(6freak @ Jan 16 2014, 04:33 AM) *

I disagree. When it rains here in SoCal we have a high collision rate. I believe it is sometimes the driver but usually the roads. They are very slick because the "oils" aren't washed away like the area I was raised in (TX). Watch what happens in TX next time there is an Ice Storm. Also, the roads here are moving a lot more people than most roads so it is more likely to have an accident here than say NM. That being said I am amazed with the average persons driving ability here. Our freeways are like a NASCAR event with cars running +80mph bumper to bumper. Yep, there are some idiots here but IMHO I have to say CA has some damned good drivers.
ldsgeek
QUOTE(scotty boy @ Jan 15 2014, 03:17 PM) *

Sweet can't wait to take a look at the parts for sale on Pelican. Those wheels would like great on my flared car piratenanner.gif

I think you'll still need to source at least one more. That passenger front probably didn't survive the impact and we can't see the drivers front.
Madswede
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jan 16 2014, 11:46 AM) *

Also, the roads here are moving a lot more people than most roads so it is more likely to have an accident here than say NM.

lol-2.gif You must have meant MN. confused24.gif

Seriously, I get your point. Certainly it doesn't feel like it used to in Albuquerque any more. I guess I'm just getting older, but it seems like it's become a terror these days the likes of which I've not seen since the 405 between San Fernando and LAX in the mid-80s! Then again, the 5 and the 101 haven't gotten any better over the years.

I don't know the numbers but it makes sense to be statistically valid that more people crowded onto the same roads does mean a higher probability of an accident. I'm very glad I'm not driving across Albuquerque diagonally twice a day in each rush hour! But that may change again soon.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.