Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1974 Yellow with black 914 2.0L
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
john forbes
I am selling this car for a customer. It has a 2.0L engine with Webers that I completely rebuilt, it runs great. The trans works great. The interior is black, Empi wheels and chrome bumpers. It needs a little TLC, odds and ends so I have priced it accordingly, $10,000 OBO, serious offers only please contact John at 704-351-3304
rwilner
QUOTE(john forbes @ Jan 16 2014, 11:14 AM) *

It needs a little TLC, odds and ends

John
Can you elaborate a little bit about what you mean by TLC, odds and ends?
john forbes
The one thing that bothers me is the roof sqeaks and rattles. I'm going out to drive the car again and will let you know what other things I notice.
brooks944
What did you find after driving it again?
john forbes
I have not had a chance to take it out yet. I plan to take it out tomorrow and will post the results on Monday.
MMW
Pictures of the usual rust areas go a long way to help sell it.
mittelmotor
QUOTE(john forbes @ Jan 17 2014, 06:55 AM) *

The one thing that bothers me is the roof sqeaks and rattles. I'm going out to drive the car again and will let you know what other things I notice.

Have you tried silicone spray on the top seals? It quieted my car down a lot!
rhodyguy
putting a couple of pieces of adhesive backed felt in the recesses for the top standoffs does away with 2 of the squeak points.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.