Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: F/s F/T
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
fongbros
I have a 1970 914 with a Chevy V8 conversion. I am looking to sell the complete package (not the car - just the conversion) or trade for a nice 2.0 preferred big bore with carbs. The conversion is in my car right now and appears to be a Ron Simpson. I have owned the car for about 10 years and have barely driven it because I just don't care for the v8. I thought I would love it when I bought it, but I dont. The engine is from an 82 Camaro and has an edelbrock performer intake, Pete Jackson gear drive, hotter camshaft, headers, etc. Estimated hp is somewhere between 250 and 300.
If you have a 914 engine you'd like to trade, I will gladly take this conversion off of my car and trade you even up. You know these conversion pieces alone cost about as much as a decent 2.0. All I ask is you come to me with your engine and within a couple hours i or we can remove everything from my car and you take it with you. I don't really want to strip down my car unless someone is really REALLY trustworthy and is not going to leave me hanging. I have been in PCA since 1986 and have had quite a few 914's. I hate to see this one just sitting there.
fongbros
If anyone is interested in just buying the complete conversion I can do that also. I am open to offers. Reply if you want pics or any info I left out. I did see when I converted the car to side shift that it had a kennedy 3500lb clutch.
Denis
boxstr
Pricing?
fongbros
I don’t have a number in mind. I know that's annoying. I would like to get enough that I could buy a 2.0. I just saw a similar kit on this forum go for 3k but I'm not looking for that much. Again just make an offer and we will see.
bfrymire
QUOTE(fongbros @ Jan 18 2014, 11:29 AM) *

I don’t have a number in mind. I know that's annoying. I would like to get enough that I could buy a 2.0. I just saw a similar kit on this forum go for 3k but I'm not looking for that much. Again just make an offer and we will see.

Just some friendly advice. You need more info. What exactly is some one getting? Detailed list would make it easier to evaluate what they would be buying. Engine cradle? Radiator? Pictures also help. Again, someone could judge the conditions of the package.

Finally, this forums rules require a price in the ad. You can always put obo on it. It gives a starting point.

Hope this helps!

--brett
fongbros
Thanks. I will get out to the garage today and get some pics. I am selling the entire conversion from my car. If its on my car and it is what is needed to convert your car you get it. Will post pics and price later today hopefully
fongbros
QUOTE(fongbros @ Jan 19 2014, 10:28 AM) *

Thanks. I will get out to the garage today and get some pics. I am selling the entire conversion from my car. If its on my car and it is what is needed to convert your car you get it. Will post pics and price later today hopefully

Click to view attachment
fongbros
QUOTE(fongbros @ Jan 19 2014, 10:28 AM) *

Click to view attachment
Sorry, my pic is massive. I have 5 more. I will work on getting them smaller and post later
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.