Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1.7 Head differences?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cpl620
I'm looking for a crash coarse on the 1.7 heads. From what I've found so far the .021.101.371Q are the heads to go form, though im still not to clear why. The ones im trying to replace are .022.101.372. From the looks of it, they seems to all have the same valve size. Are there changes that would prevent them from being a simple bolt-and-play? Like what ones are 3 or 4 stud intakes?

I hate making post on stuff that seems to be out there. Ive done a bit of research, and i still am. However there is only so much time in one day, and I'm on a time constraints here. No need for a full typed explanation if you dont feel like it. a link to the information would be great, since my google seems to suck at finding the right info. Thanks.
McMark
Why 1.7 heads?

As long as you have a matching set, that's the bottom line of what really matters.
Cpl620
Im sorry, i should have given more information. I Have a 1.7 engine. I have not been around these engines long enough to know the in's and out's of head swaps and everything else. one of the heads had a bad spark plug hole repair, and as a result a hole had melted through it. im just looking for some replacement heads since that seems to be the quickest and cheapest option. Though in my search i hear some heads are coveted more than other. Im just trying to figure out why, and if i would have a problem swapping over the internals to another bare head.
McMark
For what you're doing, any 1.7 head will work, IMHO.

mrbubblehead
i think i have a rebuildable set of 1.7s in the garage if your interested.
Cpl620
Whats up with those? And what are you looking to get for them?
mrbubblehead
let me pull them out tomorrow. i will glass blast the combustion chambers then post up some pictures for you. where in ca. are you?
Cpl620
Im out in buellton. Thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.