Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Getting into the trunk without key
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Justindrider
Hello Everyone My Name is Justin.
i picked up my first 914 this past week and i need to know how to get into the trunk without the key because the only key i was supplied with is the ignition, which doesnt match any other lock.
thanks in advance for the help
Mike Bellis
welcome.png

10mm socket and a lot of extensions. Unbolt the trunk latch from the engine bay. smile.gif
Justindrider
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Jan 17 2014, 07:40 PM) *

welcome.png

10mm socket and a lot of extensions. Unbolt the trunk latch from the engine bay. smile.gif

headbang.gif Front Trunk, sorry i should have been more specific !
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Justindrider @ Jan 17 2014, 05:47 PM) *

welcome.png

Pull the bumper off and trigger the latch with a screwdriver.
Justindrider
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Jan 17 2014, 07:52 PM) *

QUOTE(Justindrider @ Jan 17 2014, 05:47 PM) *

welcome.png

Pull the bumper off and trigger the latch with a screwdriver.

will do first thing tmo!! thanks again

David_S
welcome.png

Justin .... Hello from another Texan !!
ndfrigi
Welcome to 914world!!!

How about remove the door handle and bring it to a locksmith to make a key for it and hoping it will be the same key for the trunk also.

rick 918-S
Once the front bumper is removed there is a small rubber plug you need to remove from the front panel. THEN use a screw driver and pop the latch.

You mean the inside handle under the dash is locked? Are you sure? Could be a broken cable. You'll know when you get the trunk open.

welcome.png
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
mepstein
front trunk is easy. Like Rick said. Usually the cable and lock mech gets corroded and harder to pull until one hard pull yanks it out from the set screw. Once you get the front truck open, make sure you pull the cable from the houseing and lube it and all moving parts and pivots. Once lubed, it will work like new.
toolguy
If it's not actually locked, meaning the handle will pull somewhat, you often need another person to 'gently' push down on the hood above the lock area to release pressure on the latch. . then pull the handle. . . otherwise, it's remove the bumper. . .
what happens is the pull cable or wire actually slips in the latch assemble. . it will be clear to you once you get inside as see how it works. .
bzettner
welcome.png

Where in Texas are you?
76-914
welcome.png
Markl
sounds to me like you have the valet key - just have a locksmith cut a new master.
TheCabinetmaker
If your key is red, it's the valet key and only works ignition and door. If it's black, and it only fits ignition then the key switch had been replaced. like said before, remove the rear trunk button and have a locksmith make a new one. Then again, it may just be very hard to pull.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.