Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No 914 content, but what a porsche
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jeffdon
The condition of this car is amazing. Oh, its the Leno episode.

http://comediansincarsgettingcoffee.com/
johannes
Wow ! This is the kind of car you only see in museums.

wndsnd
I have to say I was impressed with Seinfeld this time.

He has not restored this car but is just driving it as it was built. You could see the hammer marks in the aluminum from being hand pounded out on the wooded bucks.
Very Cool. And the tires, so skinny!

They had a Gmund coupe on display at the 356 East Coast Holiday here a couple of years ago. It was magnificently displayed in the hotel lobby, and it looked like brand new. I dont recall seeing any hammer marks, it was better than new. It was over restored.

I was thinking as Jerry drove it around about our threads on Auto Insurance. He was running around with Jay in LA traffic and I was wondering about "Agreed Value Policys" I don't know, but was guessing 20MM.

It is probably priceless, but I got to give him credit for driving the car and not makeing it a hotel lobby princess.

John
jmalone
QUOTE(wndsnd @ Jan 18 2014, 08:06 AM) *

He has not restored this car but is just driving it as it was built. You could see the hammer marks in the aluminum from being hand pounded out on the wooded bucks.

They had a Gmund coupe on display at the 356 East Coast Holiday here a couple of years ago. It was magnificently displayed in the hotel lobby, and it looked like brand new. I dont recall seeing any hammer marks, it was better than new. It was over restored.

I was thinking as Jerry drove it around about our threads on Auto Insurance. He was running around with Jay in LA traffic and I was wondering about "Agreed Value Policys" I don't know, but was guessing 20MM.

It is probably priceless, but I got to give him credit for driving the car and not makeing it a hotel lobby princess.

John

jmalone
So my ignorance and lack of computer skills gets me 2 posts for one.

I like the big Freightliner coming up behind the little silver "proto" Porsche like Godzilla on a out of scale model of a Japanese city. The truck looks hungry, and the mini van right behind the Porsche wisely decides to slot in behind the truck!
scotty b
QUOTE(wndsnd @ Jan 18 2014, 08:06 AM) *

John

The owner of the coupe you saw was actually going to send it back in to be " de restored " so it looks appropriately rough
wndsnd
Now thats classic.

Recommend any derestoration shops?

Talk about a car that would be totally fuched over.

Actually that would be perfect for Porsches Classic Restoration Dept.
scotty b
QUOTE(wndsnd @ Jan 18 2014, 02:29 PM) *

Now thats classic.

Recommend any derestoration shops?

Talk about a car that would be totally fuched over.

Actually that would be perfect for Porsches Classic Restoration Dept.

they're sending ( probably already done ) it back to the shop that originally restored it. The owners wanted it super nice until they found out it wasn't super nice originally. One of my customers knows them and was telling me about their situation after that registry meet
wndsnd
Imho, the shop, should have talked him out of the original job. You know much better than I what they had to do make that body smooth.

I doubt even the best would do an entire car with lead, so that means mucho filler, and if they ground or filed it smooth how could you ever go back?

JmuRiz
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jan 18 2014, 01:40 PM) *

The owner of the coupe you saw was actually going to send it back in to be " de restored " so it looks appropriately rough

Hmmm, sounds like you know the 356 crowd wink.gif specifically the local guys biggrin.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.