Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fishing for compliments
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr Evil
Rand is doing up my web page at the best rate possible given life and the fact that he depends on me to get him stuff. He made a request of me to get some "testimonials" from previous clients that he can post up on my page. Sounded like a good idea, but I dont have any recorded and I dont have permission from the folks that said the nice things to use them. So, please either PM me with your experiences, or post them here so that I may forward them onto Rand.

Thanks! smile.gif
balljoint
You almost spelled "compliments" perfectly! thumb3d.gif
Dr Evil
DOH! smile.gif
Dr Evil
What are you talking about?
confused24.gif
jmalone
I attended the Disco Bay rebuild clinic. I drove away with 2 rebuilt transmissions and met some of the greatest people ( jeffs9146, our host was beyond excellent, Lennies914 was absolutely generous. I'm sure that he would have given me a kidney if asked, Dr.Evil certainly would have given a shot at a semi sterile, semi sober transplant.)

Dr.Evil did a bang up job dealing with 20 or so trannies and the presence of his lovely wife Noel prevented his more anti-social tendencies from appearing.

The Dr's knowledge, preparation, and energy are incredible. He literally gives away a ton of knowledge and experience to the 914 community.

Thanks for 2 smooth shifting boxes, and a great time.

PanelBilly
Are you looking for comments on clinics?
scotty b
Oh jeez......Getting more and more like Eric every day dry.gif
Dr Evil
Billy, on everything that I do: Clinics, rebuilds, one on one stuff.

Scotty, ya sad2.gif
Eric_Shea
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jan 18 2014, 02:20 PM) *

One could only aspire so high.

Shut it and get back to work Mud Monkey.
scotty b
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jan 18 2014, 04:52 PM) *

QUOTE(scotty b @ Jan 18 2014, 02:20 PM) *

One could only aspire so high.

Shut it and get back to work Mud Monkey.

GLad to see you finally came to from your latest brake cleaner huff beerchug.gif
KELTY360
Well, you had to know you'd catch nothing but crap carp in this fishin' hole. splat.gif
Dr Evil
Nah, there are some diamonds mixed in with these turds wink.gif
somd914
If all else fails, take the Samsung approach - pay people to make up good reviews!
scotty b
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 18 2014, 05:07 PM) *

Nah, there are some diamonds mixed in with these turds wink.gif

Thanks buddy smile.gif beerchug.gif
carr914
You've Got my Vote - a 914-6 Tail to Sideshifter Rebuild, a 915 Rebuild, a Reg 901 Build and I have a 901 that was built during a Clinic. I will Attend a Clinic when you come South!

You even Yelled at me when you looked into this Gem I sent you! blink.gif

Click to view attachment
injunmort
I will be a diamond, clinics are a must as far as I am concerned. the good dr. is a great guy, knows the trans in and out and couldn't be more helpful. I ended up with one rebuilt trans (that my wife rebuilt) and a side shifter that is still completely disassembled. we drank a lot of beer, bbq and had a great time. even learned some things. it is a must if you have a 914. just my opinion.
scotty b
Most of my shop was rebuildable afterwards mellow.gif
Spoke
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 18 2014, 01:43 PM) *

post them here.

Thanks! smile.gif

I'm not trying to start a bromance here or anything so here goes:

I had the opportunity to rebuild my transmission in Dr. Evil's garage in a one-on-one rebuild. I did the work, he provided the knowledge and guidance.

Several parts were damaged and others were worn. He replaced the damaged and worn parts with good used parts on hand and guided me through the rebuild.

He goes out of his way to explain and describe how parts are worn or damaged, how to determine their condition, and how adjust and put the box back together. To repair a box for someone is one thing; to help others gain the knowledge to repair a box themselves is above and beyond the call of duty.
flippa
QUOTE(Spoke @ Jan 18 2014, 08:45 PM) *

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 18 2014, 01:43 PM) *

post them here.

Thanks! smile.gif

I'm not trying to start a bromance here or anything so here goes:

grouphug.gif

flippa
QUOTE(injunmort @ Jan 18 2014, 07:10 PM) *

the good dr. is a great guy

we drank a lot of beer, bbq and had a great time.

agree.gif
Dr Evil
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jan 18 2014, 08:50 PM) *

You've Got my Vote - a 914-6 Tail to Sideshifter Rebuild, a 915 Rebuild, a Reg 901 Build and I have a 901 that was built during a Clinic. I will Attend a Clinic when you come South!

You even Yelled at me when you looked into this Gem I sent you! blink.gif

Click to view attachment

Holy shit, that thing. This is why I dont buy cores from FL. YIKES!

Thanks for the public and private feedback. Y'all are gonna make me look like a saint. I might as well link the site here smile.gif
eyesright
I bought the video. All my trannys work pretty well so far and I have other projects to get done before I tear into functional trannys. But the video looks like even I can do it when its time, with demonstrations on making your own specialty tools.

Before you show up at a clinic, buy the video and come prepared. I'm hoping for one in Dallas/OKC/Tulsa...
crash914
The good dr. has the softest hands and small fingers....
Dr Evil
QUOTE(crash914 @ Jan 19 2014, 08:50 AM) *

That is a lie. All of it! mad.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(crash914 @ Jan 19 2014, 05:50 AM) *

But are they warm?
Dr Evil
Depends on what they were last inside blink.gif
DBCooper
EVIL is good. The little grrrrls all giggle when they say it, "EVIL is the best!"

That help?

FourBlades

In Before The Lock!

biggrin.gif
wndsrfr
Just posted a testimonial in the Paddock....

"Re-geared my /4 which has a Raby kit 2316 weighs 2200# and puts down 165rwhp redlined at 6200 running Star Spec 225/50/16's to the budget build of A/F/KA/S/Z by flipping 5th and 3rd and buying an S for 4th (thanks Dr. Evil) and don't run out of revs on the straights at VIR or Summit Point. If you can grab a spare tranny, send the gear stack to Mike (Dr. Evil) to have him do the budget re-gearing & try it out....I think your car will like it!"

Add to that the excellent friendly adjustment of the linkage you provided at Scotty's shop last year & I'm a happy camper....

John

A&PGirl
My Dad and I had a great time at the Denver clinic. We rebuilt 2 transmissions under Dr. Evil's expert tutelage. We did get lost more than once in Denver proper, but it was cool with the good Dr.

I give Dr. Evil many, many thumbs up.
Porschef
See here, I done testified befo' bout 4 months ago. From a past thread-Go fish
pray.gif pray.gif piratenanner.gif smilie_pokal.gif rocking nana.gif rocking nana.gif

Interesting read...

That said, allow me to throw in my long overdue dos centavos...

I was no less than stoked when I discovered there would be a clinic (by my understanding, a place where one might go to have a health issue addressed by a doc/professional) within very reasonable distance. My patient is my transmission; it was in dire need of some servicing. As the time neared to make payment, I let Mike know that I'd be unable to attend as my financial situation had not improved, and that I'd hold out for the next time.

Mike insisted I attend regardless, and I took him up on his generosity. For my own edification, I am very thankful that I was able to attend. I did not expect to walk out knowing confidently that I could rebuild a 901, but I did walk out with a transmission that performs as best as I can expect. Did he instill me with confidence? Based on the moment when the patient was completely torn apart and lying on the table, with nothing short of did I just get myself into, I'd say, ultimately, absolutely.

What I saw was someone who could dis/reassemble one of these with the veritable both eyes closed. I was nothing short of amazed, especially when my massive brain fart handed over the wrong race for the very nice spare main bearing to replace my cracked one. It was near the end of the day when it was discovered, and instead of saying something like don't worry, it'll be fine, Mike disassembled the tranny, replaced the proper race, and had it back together in some 17 minutes.

Yes, less money than good seats at a football game and certainly more entertaining. My tranny shifts great, all grinding is gone, I can downshift without fear, and overall performance is what I'd hoped for.

So if your considering attending one of these clinics, Id recommend it. It's fun, educational, you'll meet new people, and the Doc will regale you with a few stories that'll provide more than enough comic relief.
rocking nana.gif
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 19 2014, 09:17 AM) *

Must... resist.........temptation.... blowup.gif
Dr Evil
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jan 19 2014, 02:09 PM) *

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 19 2014, 09:17 AM) *

Must... resist.........temptation.... blowup.gif

Why? confused24.gif
Dr Evil
Thanks for the accolades, everybody smile.gif
R8CERX
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 19 2014, 11:14 AM) *

Thanks for the accolades, everybody smile.gif

Could I get a private tutoring time? confused24.gif

I will be needing to learn how to rebuild with the new acquisition…..

I will only write good stuff---and creatively enhanced your reputation no less... lol-2.gif
Dr Evil
I do 1:1 as often as people are willing. It is easier for me, my family, etc. Plus, you get to ask what ever and take your time. You gonna fly over from CA?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.