Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: ATS 15x5.5 Classic, 4x130 - AMAZING Condition, Blacked Out Option
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
greggearhead
These wheels are for sale from a local friend of mine - he is a VW & Porsche guy, both air and water cooled.

He had a different set of these on a road-race VW Karman Ghia that was a magazine feature car years ago, and snatched these up and held onto them for another project car that hasn't happened, so he has decided to let them go.

He has the original center caps and original lugs, and stores them in boxes, not just stacked in a corner in his shop. Period correct, factory option, rare wheels for $600 - not some Chinese repro knockoffs!

He is asking $600, which I think is a great deal for some really rare wheels, in amazing shape.

Contact him directly at: landscapesandrestorations@yahoo.com His name is Greg, too.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
PancakePorsche
Real tempting ! Are the offset correct for a 914 ?
greggearhead
Being a factory option, I am sure they are, but will get the exact offset from him asap.
greggearhead
He is heading to his shop right now, here is a pic of the same wheels on a 914:

IPB Image
sfrenck
QUOTE(greggearhead @ Jan 20 2014, 10:19 AM) *

Being a factory option, I am sure they are, but will get the exact offset from him asap.

Pretty sure they aren't a factory option and they have a VW offset. VW offset will work depending on tire selection, rear camber, how each car was built, etc.

See this thread ATS wheel thread

Ferg
Hey it's Mike from coffee n cars in Boulder. Email me at. mikeferg75@hotmail.com
euro911
The set for sale look really nice wub.gif

Mine are old and have salt air pitting from being in close proximity to the Pacific Ocean for decades, but I still like them smile.gif ... They were on Joe Sharp's bug and rubbed the insides so I believe they were not offset for VW bug.

Currently running Michelin 195/65-15, and 1/4" spacers on the fronts to help fill the front wheel wells. In the pic that greggearhead posted above, I hadn't installed the front spacers yet.

Click to view attachment
greggearhead
Hey Mark - hope you don't mind me using your photo, and thanks for the input!

These have a 25mm offset, and ~4" backspace. Being that ATS was a Porsche OEM supplier (Cookie Cutters, etc) I wouldn't be surprised if they were a factory/dealer option, and that is what the seller told me, so I went along with it. I'm not the expert!

Mike - I'll shoot you an email.

IPB Image
toolguy
If they were a factory option they'd be in the factor parts manual, and they aren't. . .
That being said, I had these on my 74 back in the day and loved them. . a little wider stance than stock so closer to the rear fender lips, but will fit. .
sfrenck
ET25 = VW offset in my thinking. Nothing wrong with that, but again depending on the way your car was hand built and your rear camber they may or may not fit with 195's.

I personally am looking to put ET25's on my car with a -1 to -2 degree camber to fill out the wheel wells (esp. the front wheel wells) and may go with these very wheels in the future.
orthobiz
I had these wheels on an all black 76 I used to own. They are really nice wheels, no problems with tire fit back in the day. I like the fact that they are relatively flat in profile so they give the car a clean, narrow look...

Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.