Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rivets or Screws?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mike Bellis
I played with my rivet gun today. The rivets are 5/8 head, 3/16" tri-split, 1" long.

Screws...

Click to view attachment

Rivets...

Click to view attachment

IPB ImageIPB ImageSimilar to these, but my head is a little bigger.

Now I have to do the other side. smile.gif

Click to view attachment
Elliot Cannon
I would use screws. Actually I would use Dzus but screws are better than rivets. Easier to remove fenders to work on suspension, brakes, etc. Use nut plates. Not sheet metal screws.
ConeDodger
Looks good Mike!
Mikey914
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jan 18 2014, 08:30 PM) *

I would use screws. Actually I would use Dzus but screws are better than rivets. Easier to remove fenders to work on suspension, brakes, etc. Use nut plates. Not sheet metal screws.

I'd second that kind of an aircraft look, and easy to install and remove.
euro911
Where did you get those rivets, Mike? I need some like that to attach the rocker covers on the 'BB' (PO drilled huge holes and the rivets I've been trying just won't grip) mad.gif

Oh yeah, looks good with the rivets, but agree with 'Dr. Dzus' about being able to remove them to work on the suspension ...
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jan 18 2014, 08:30 PM) *

I considered this bit the fenders have never had to come off. I have hundreds of rivets if I ever have to drill out and replace.
Maltese Falcon
Looks as good on 914world as it does in person !
We're getting close to Dzusing away boom.gif
Marty
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jan 18 2014, 08:50 PM) *

Where did you get those rivets, Mike? I need some like that to attach the rocker covers on the 'BB' (PO drilled huge holes and the rivets I've been trying just won't grip) mad.gif

Oh yeah, looks good with the rivets, but agree with 'Dr. Dzus' about being able to remove them to work on the suspension ...

http://www.rivet.com/WEB%202010%20Spec%20S...%2006-10-10.pdf

Here are similar. The large head are really hard to find. These have been on my shelf for over a year.
euro911
Wanna unload 20 of them? happy11.gif
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jan 18 2014, 11:40 PM) *

Wanna unload 20 of them? happy11.gif

PM me your address.
euro911
I will, and I'll gladly pay for them too ...

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.