Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: New set of Fuel Injection trigger points - NIB
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
koozy
For sale are a new, in box, set of fuel injection trigger points. I believe these were sold out from retailers across the country in 2012.

These sold for $150 new in the final years of availability

I'm asking $200 plus shipping for this set.

Mike

Click to view attachment
euro911
blink.gif

Guess I got lucky ... got a NIB set for $20. at the G&R a few years ago cheer.gif
koozy
Wow, that was a screaming deal. You did get lucky. A few years ago retailers still had these to sell. I think Bontempi may be the last guy with one set available and at one point he wanted over $300, I believe. That was a while ago.
euro911
The other cool thing is that I was able to clean the gunk off of the old set and reinstalled them smile.gif ... so I should be good for another 40+ years (well, maybe not me, but the car is) laugh.gif
koozy
The problem isn't so much the gunk, I've found, but the cam followers get worn down over time and the car just doesn't run quite right. A little stumble here and there and slightly off.... until the dreaded failure. Uhgggg.

I think it heat is a huge contributor to failure as the followers get brittle but more so is not lubing the thing properly. Run them dry for a couple of years and they become useless. No way to fix them after the followers wear out. I've readjusted them for wear. Porsche even makes a special tool for that. The trigger points set slips on the tool and simulates it being on the lobes of the distributor cam. Then you just use needle nose pliers and a feeler guage.
euro911
The PO probably had the points replaced at some point before we acquired the car, but I noticed an increase in performance after cleaning them up. 'Someone' had applied way too much cam lube and it was all over the place in there.

The cam bearings in the motor are going (sloppy), so I'll install the new triggers as a final touch after we rebuild the motor ...

If they're NLA, maybe we can entice someone here to make replacement parts or start rebuilding the old sets? (after you sell your set, of course) ... shades.gif

Hey, whatever happened to your magazine?
koozy
I got a couple dozen nice certified letters from the legal department of our friendly P-Car company "urging" me to cease and desist or face the wrath of one such unnamed dead dictator. So, being a PCA member in good standing I obliged.

So it goes. It was fun while it lasted. Now this dang race car eats up my savings and free time so...
koozy
Pending to Greg
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.