Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914/6 GT Porsche Salzburg
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
fraritt
Hello forum,

my name is Franz and I sign in to 914 world today. Sorry, my English is not so good.

I collect information on 914/6 and search information on 914/6 GT used by Porsche Salzburg in competition. I not can find it on the internet. I look for pictures, VIN, etc.

Thank you very much for the help & greeting from Salzburg

Franz
ConeDodger
Much better than my German.

Good luck in your search for history!

welcome.png
dlestep
QUOTE(fraritt @ Jan 20 2014, 09:42 AM) *

Hello forum,

my name is Franz and I sign in to 914 world today. Sorry, my English is not so good.

I collect information on 914/6 and search information on 914/6 GT used by Porsche Salzburg in competition. I not can find it on the internet. I look for pictures, VIN, etc.

Thank you very much for the help & greeting from Salzburg

Franz

The only thing that I can find is that Peter Peter and Harald Ertl, both X- formula Vee drivers entered a 914-6 gt from Porsche Salzburg in several races in 1970. I cannot find any photos.
rick 918-S
welcome.png
fraritt
QUOTE(dlestep @ Jan 20 2014, 05:46 PM) *

The only thing that I can find is that Peter Peter and Harald Ertl, both X- formula Vee drivers entered a 914-6 gt from Porsche Salzburg in several races in 1970. I cannot find any photos.

Thank you, that is good. I reed somewhere that Porsche Salzburg has two cars/ 914-6gt. But I forget where...

Thank you for the nice welcome in 914world!
Gustl
Hey Franz,

welcome.png ... from the neighbourhood biggrin.gif

you're right, Salzburg Alpenstraße had two factory GTs in Rallye trim, both registered street legal at the same time
license plates as follows: "S 28.061" and "S 29.917"
they had several race starts in the early 70ies, for example both cars entered the "Österreichische Alpen Rallye 1970"

here's a pic from this event:

Click to view attachment

both cars seem to be lost without a trace ...
fraritt
Hallo Gustl,

greeting to you, funny to see others from Austria.

Thank you for the picture, I have not see this one. I have some questions, maybe you know answers:

- Do you know the colors?
- Who was the driver for 2. car? Dave says Ertl and Peter for 1. car.
- Is it possible that one or two cars crash in competition?
- Do you have VIN for this cars?

Thank you & greeting to Tirol

Franz

r_towle
so,

You located a crashed 914/6 GT that the owner claims is one of these cars?

There is a VIN sheet that should be on this site in a few places, but I suspect Gustl or Andy has this information to show where every GT know has ended up.

Good luck with your search.
This site may have some clues.

http://www.pbase.com/9146gt

Rich
fraritt
Hello Rich,

I have not located this cars, and I don't have this much money for gt. I only have interest because they was from my town.

I find pbase, but not many information on Salzburg gts.

Franz
r_towle
curious,

Have you asked the original dealership owners?
Gustl
QUOTE(fraritt @ Jan 20 2014, 09:20 PM) *

- Do you know the colors?

signal orange, when delivered to Salzburg Alpenstraße

QUOTE(fraritt @ Jan 20 2014, 09:20 PM) *

- Is it possible that one or two cars crash in competition?

everything's possible, but not known
they didn't finish the "Alpenrallye 1970" due to technical problems
no info about issues on later rallyes
Gustl
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jan 20 2014, 09:43 PM) *

curious,

Have you asked the original dealership owners?

years ago, I already asked at Porsche Alpenstraße, former mechanics from that area, I even tried it at the authority of Salzburg if anything is known about the license plates ... no luck
I spent a valuable amount of time in the search of these two cars - and gave up without success

I only can encorage Franz to try it too ... maybe we could get a hit
fraritt
thank you for the answer. It seem Gustl has checked and asked already... I ask at Alpenstraße, same answer... That why I post on 914world.
heinz_zauner
Hallo Franz,

Grüße nach Salzburg, I heard this story in Bremen Classic Motorshow about one of Salzburg GTs: a Porsche man in Bavaria found one of the Salzburg GTs in very poor condition. I don’t know which one. Only half the car, not the front with VIN. I was curious and asked my friend how to confirm the car without VIN. He said from some number in trunk, with this number you can somehow find the VIN. I said maybe someone just write this number in trunk. He said he doesn’t know, but could be possible. I asked him how much of a car must remain so you can say it is still that car... I have a GT bumper sunglasses.gif

Sorry, only a story, no pictures or proof.

Heinz
Gustl
Servus Heinz,

first of all: welcome.png

the number in the rear trunk would be the chassis number

you can't "calculate" the VIN from the chassis number, but you could estimate a "VIN range" at least

would it be possible to get the chassis number from the car/wreck or however you'd call it ?

it should be 13xxxx

wavey.gif Gustl
heinz_zauner
Hallo Wolfgang,

many from Austria here smile.gif Thank you for the welcome.

I do not know this chassis number or the VIN, I have not seen it and the man in Bremen did not tell me, maybe he doesn't know. He said there are some dokuments/lists where you can check this. I think he said the owner is in 914 club, but I'm not 100% sure...

Regards

Heinz

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.