Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Finally got the new pics!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Scott S
Hi All -
Here are the recent pictures of the finished GT dash and door panels, the Renegade Hybrid seats with the vinyl bolsters, the front hood pins, and the rear hold downs and French lenses. Enjoy!
Scott S
Scott S
Scott S
Scott S
Scott S
Mountain914
Outstanding !! clap56.gif
L8Apex
I'm jealous! smlove2.gif
Scott S
Here is a better pic of the dash...
airsix
Scott,
Exactly what matterial was used for the dash/floors/firewall? Where do you get it & what do I ask for? I like it. Very nice work.

-Ben M.
JmuRiz
Are those the "Touring" or the "Race" seats? Just wondering...since I like the look of yours so much, I'm thinking about some myself. If they are the Race, is it easy to get in/out of the car? Thanks, car looks hot

Nathan
Scott S
I had a sample of the grey Perlon that one of the upohlstery shops matched. I then ordered it in bulk and used my original carpet kit as a template. It looks very similar to the factory headliner, but is much more dense/felt like. I do need to get a dead pedal as the guys at the shop said that the stuff would wear much faster than a backed carpet. There is no underlayment at all under the carpet - it is glued right to the steel.

Jim - they are the touring seat (lower bolster). They are more difficult to get in and out of, but I dont have any problems - and I am "mid section challenged" !
scottb
scott,

what a great, clean look to the interior. i may just copy that instead of trying to put the thing back to original. seems to be a never ending search for that elusive special something........

what did you use to cover the door panels? some off the shelf covering?
Aaron Cox
i dont think facory gt's had window cranks....i think they had a "cloth pull" that would raise or lower the window tho.....looks great cool.gif !
Scott S
real GT door panel (Sonauto car)...
Scott S
My car....

The pic is a bit blurry - the door pull mounts are no where near as big as they look. The handle is the correct Fiat/MG piece. The only thing I was not able to find was the square grommet where the door release strap goes throught the panel. Still on a quest for that sucker.
Brad Roberts
Damn.. looks great.

You even located a "Leman" side light for the numbers.

B
watsonrx13
Outstanding Scott...
joea9146
Nice job... looks good
EdwardBlume
Super cool! Your car screams hours and hours of time and effort. Great job! (and money)
Andyrew
DROOOL!! Man, now that is some nice work Scott. Lets see some action photo's!!! (unless this is a concourse car, then I wana see some trophies)
krk
Scott,

I love your car, and never tire of seeing pics of it. You could do a Ginter and dedicate a thread to pictures of it. (Although you might have to import some rust... lol) Each week, snap 4 new pics and post 'em. You'll get tons of questions of the area that you've "featured". We'll all learn something. Each week. How cool!

(and yes, I'm learning tons from Gint's thread too! -- I'm just harassing him biggrin.gif )

Martini colors rock. Period.

kim.
meursault
The "Le Mans" number light is a BMW 2002 license plate light, is it not?

I like the rubber floormats. Is that what I'm seeing? Where did you come up with that?
krk
another martini car -- not as brilliant.

kim.
krk
woof. Hopefully that can be resized.

kim.
Gint
I can't quite see that paint chip on the hood. tongue.gif Can you make that pic bigger?
krk
Yeh, I screwed that one up nicely. First time I've fired up the scanner in a while -- (must remember "always look at the pic before posting" - duh) Must be the heat wave we're having.

That same book has pics of 914's -- including a green /6 with square fog/driving lamps.

kim.
Scott S
Thanks guys - I am always a bit leary of posting the car as I am sure that it is a bit on the "rice" side for many. Thats why I am so anal about certain things being "right" to offset the gaudiness. Once the paint starts to go south I will be going to the normal fiberglass GT bumpers and steel flares. It took me close to 10 years to put the thing together, and will probably take me 10 more for those changes to be done. Yes, it absolutely will have a nice reliable 3.0 911sc motor at some point in the not to distant future - or who knows I may trade it away for an unassebled 550 spyder kit.

The floors - ah yes... the damn floors...
I looked EVERYWHERE for information on the factory rubber floor coverings. I couldn't find any info at all. I had pretty much thrown in the towel and was going to stay with carpet. I started a kitchen remodel and was doing the usual trip to the Home Depot - and there it was - in a big ol' role. It was plenty wide and the ribs went the right direction. Couldn't believe it! I bought a bunch of the stuff thankfully, as the stuff they carry now is much thinner/stiffer.

Yes, the gumball light is from an very early 1800/2002 Bimmer. There is a great close up of the one on the Sonauto car on the 914 6 GT resource web page. I think mine must be new old stck, as the part number stampings are litterally exactly the same as the one shown on that webpage.

Andyrew - the car has two concour ribbons from our local PCA event, but it is not a true concour - no undercarriage judging - which stinks as it took me forever to paint and detail the damn suspension and wheel wells. I have put 7000 miles on the car since 1996. Not alot, but it is driven. Below is a picture of the front end detail - and I wonder why I am single!

I have received several emails for full size pics. I am not sure what that means! I use a very simple digital camera/softwear (Kodak) and I do nothing except post them (I dont change the pictures at all). I can send what I have if that is ok for those who have asked. lemeno....
confused24.gif
Brad Roberts
Show us every picture you have. If one post even slightly goes out of line... I'll delete the post and the person. The rice stuff is usually for fun unless it is just plain obvious. I dont see anything on your car that even gets close to rice. Your very close to period correct.

Damn.. I need to get our GT pages up. I have about 700 more pics than Jon Lowes site.

B
Gint
See Scott? I told ya.

Post your pics. People love your car and want to see the pics. Did I mention pics?

I meant to add, those pics are a very good size for the BBS. They don't force the posts to go wider than a standard browser window so there is no horizontal scroll bar.
Ferg
biggrin.gif
Scott and I are both going to a charity pca concours june 8th. I'll bring my camera and go nuts on his car with his permission. His pic's are nice but do not do come close to doing the car justice. Ferg.
Gint
Good point. I'll get a few also. Between us we can probably do a decent job of it.
Lawrence
Scott,

Fantastic job! My hat is off to you.

Okay - stupid question time.

Is this going to be a street car? How will you deal with locking the doors?

-Rusty
Scott S
Hi Rusty -
hmmmmm... never really thought about that! I can see it now - I will be the first guy on the list to lock himself out of a 914.... unsure.gif

I initially bought the car because my dad had a new one when I was growing up. The memories of "Benny and the Jets" on the 8 track still make me smile. I was an auto cross junkie in college with a great street prepared GTI. I thought I would get the 914 together and move on to PCA stuff. In the process of doing this I went through a pretty emotionally brutal divorce in 1995. The car and the new "old" house became sort of therapy for me. I have always been pretty anal with stuff, but this car, combined with a newly gained access to all you guys on the internet caused the thing to go sorta nuts. Basically I got a bad case of "since I already have it apart" disease. So in all reality, all of the people that I have met on the different boards showed me how to build the car, save money, and help get my head screwed on straight and my happiness back. I owe many of you more than you will ever know.

The car is pretty unmarked right now. If that should change I would like to at least participate in some drivers ed events in the future!

Sorry for the ramble...
-S
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.