Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Headlight Won't Open
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rickso71
My '71 passenger headlight won't open but the headlight lights. THe driver's headlight does open (but the light doesn't work... that should be an easy fix though). I thought there were knobs on the back of the headlight motors to manually raise them but all I see is threaded holes. What size screw fits in there?

Are there any tech articles on headlight door repair?
ClayPerrine
Rick.

Here is a diagram on how your headlight motors work. .

As for the top of the motor, there should be a knob about the diameter of a silver dollar that is attached to the motor. It has an arrow on it, and if you turn it in the direction of the arrow, the light should manually raise. But first remove the relay that is below the black plastic cover that is just inboard of the headlight motor.
skline
I would almost bet that is the problem. Move the relay around a little and see if your headlight pops up. I have had that problem before.
rickso71
Thanks guys. As I said, I don't have the knobs on the headlight motors and want to add them but don't know what size screw/threads.

I'll look for that relay.
ablose58
Had the same problem recently. Turned out to be a crappy connection at the headlight motor. AL
SirAndy
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Jan 2 2005, 07:59 PM)
the relay

IPB Image check the relay first, every time i had this happen it was either the relay had fallen out of the socket or (once) the relay was bad ...

IPB Image Andy
DJsRepS
Swap the headlamp relays see if the problem is now on the other foot so to speak.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.