Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tranny for charity. Help Cap'n Krusty's Niece and get a rebuilt box
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Dr Evil
Hey Folks,

We all like to help out as evident in this thread:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=227857

I asked Krusty if he would be cool with me offering up a transmission build for this cause.

Edited to be even better, 1/25/14:
This raffle will be for a rebuild box. You pay nothing but for the ticket. I have a core, will build it, and send it to you on my dime. You can buy as many tickets as you want smile.gif

Tickets are $25 and all funds will go to the cause.

For check PM me for address. For PP make sure to do it as a charitable donation and send to makemy914go at yahoo dot com

Lets go! smile.gif

Update 2/10/14, 1909EST:

81 tickets, $2025

Mblizzard 1
Mike Meer 1
Zach 2
Bulitt 5
Ken PARK 1
Terry Tuck 1
PanelBilly 1
Robert Goulet 1
Speedmaster 1
Larry 2
Fourblades 1
rmdinmd 1
vintage914racer 2
SLITS 2
Mikey914 2
euro911 2
Nord 1
Brian Zettner 1
Kansas 914 2
Olin 1
Scott Pratt 1
Robert Shufeldt 2
TC 1
david Calkins 4
John Malone 4
Eric9144 1
Tweet 5
Jeff Tucker 1
Tim Snider 4
Brant 1
Danny G 1
Stu Gray 1
Peter Lamb 1
Glenn Sager 2
Steven Hansen 1
Mepstein 1
J Stroud 2
Clay and Betty 4
Steve Faddis 1
Andrew Pokrandt 2
Jimmy Wong 1
Mike Pullen 1
Ferg 2
Matt P 1
Big Len 1
Paul P 1
Shook 2
Bill H 1
VaccaRabite
I'm in.
Harpo
Count me in. A spare Evil trans is always a good thing. How do we purchase these raffle tickets?

David
Mikey914
Im in
walterolin
Evil shows his soft side! The Rediculous guys are going to be aghast.

I've already been to a clinic, only have one 901, and I sent Krusty some green early on, otherwise I would be in.

Good work, Doc.
plas76targa
QUOTE(walterolin @ Jan 21 2014, 02:49 PM) *

Evil shows his soft side! The Rediculous guys are going to be aghast.

I've already been to a clinic, only have one 901, and I sent Krusty some green early on, otherwise I would be in.

Good work, Doc.

i'll take his place.

count me in!
bulitt
I am in, and if you are going to do it at the Richmond clinic I will help you tear it down.
shoguneagle
Just tell me were to send the money, Doc. The younger folk need all the help we can give her and then some.

Thanks, Doc

Steve Hurt
Steve
I don't need a transmission, but how about Dr. Evil tshirts?
Rleog
In.
Let me know where to send the ticket money.

Great idea, Doc.
scotty b
Since I am going Suby trans I have a donor for you, and I think it is in good shape
Mblizzard
I already donated but I am still in. Sign me up. I will be in the VA clinic so I will help all I can!
mepstein
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jan 21 2014, 07:13 PM) *

Since I am going Suby trans I have a donor for you, and I think it is in good shape

Hopefully not mine.

I'm in as well.
PanelBilly
Could we just get a deal on a tranny clinic?
warpig
I am down for that. cheer.gif Let me know how to do it type.gif
Mblizzard
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Jan 21 2014, 06:05 PM) *

Could we just get a deal on a tranny clinic?

You know Billy there is some government agency stockpiling these messages and that was one that has the chance to really bite you on the ass some day! evilgrin.gif
krk
I was in on the other thread, but a raffle on a rebuild can easily pull $25 out of my pocket! (nice soft side exposure, btw smile.gif )

Let me know how to pay.

--krk.
FourBlades

I am in too!

John
Dr Evil
Great response! To make sure we dont pay PayPal a chunk, and so all the fees go to the cause, if you want to buy tickets just send me a PM for my address and send a check. I will post up here who and how many and then send one big check to Krusty to save on fees.
Dr Evil
Those of you that have been around for a while know that whenever possible I like to offer this up for charity. Last was Oldschools cause smile.gif We are a loose knit family of degenerates smile.gif
rmdinmd
count me in also.
Dr Evil
icon_bump.gif

Chances looking good for the people that have signed up!
bzettner
I'm in! PM sent. piratenanner.gif

Brian Z
carr914
pm Sent
eyesright
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jan 23 2014, 04:40 AM) *

pm Sent

I'll buy a couple of chances. Sending PM
JawjaPorsche
Check Sent! Thank you for all you do for us. beerchug.gif
OU8AVW
I'm in, I'll paypal you a gift if you send me an account....
Wife controls the checkbook blink.gif
NORD

I'm in but need your mailing info. Thanks for doing this.
bandjoey
I'll PayPal as a gift and pay the fee. I haven't written a check in years and gong know if I even have one. Count me in too.
bandjoey
Wow. That was easy. 1ticket please

4SarahRoselli@gmail.com
View Cart
Donation sent$25.00 USD
Payment completed
Sent to:
4SarahRoselli@gmail.com
Transaction details
PayPal Secure
Bill, you just made a donation.

Transaction ID:
46R96542GJ000664E
Confirmation sent to:
bandjoey@sbcglobal.net
flippa
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 21 2014, 10:26 PM) *

We are a loose knit family of degenerates smile.gif

agree.gif

I am in for a ticket.

Paypal can be sent as a gift so the recipient doesn't pay a fee. Would you rather us send a check Mike?
Dr Evil
Well, checks make it easier for me to keep track.....now I have to make special enteries into my ledger, and discern what is my company and what is charity.....in my free time. dry.gif

I will make do.
shelby/914
I'm in. PM me your address and I'll send a check. Can't pass up a chance to help as my mom was a 10 year survivor.
Dr Evil
Also, as in past events, when a lot of "gifts" show up to ones paypal account they tend to snoop and shut it down/return all the funds.
Harpo
Paypal fixed all of that. When you send it as a gift the sender pays the PP fees. This way PP wont be denied their $$$.

The Captn did mention something about adding a note so the benefactor of the charity doesn't have to pay.

Am I sending this as a gift to you or Sarah

Thanks

David
wndsrfr
$25 done via PayPal.....Good Luck Sarah! cheer.gif
bandjoey
Use the link on the first post. PayPal has it set up for a donation and it bypasses the purchase/ gift screen.
Dr Evil
If you send it vie the link here, I will not see it. I have no access to that.
Dr Evil
Since PP has resolved the charity issue, I can take it. My paypal is makemy914go at yahoo. Just put a note in it so I know it is not for something else. smile.gif
walterolin
PM your address Doc, I think you moved since the Canada clinic. I'll chip in.
Dr Evil
I have amended the first post to include the following:

Edited to be even better, 1/25/14:
This raffle will be for a rebuild box. You pay nothing but for the ticket. I have a core, will build it, and send it to you on my dime. You can buy as many tickets as you want smile.gif
mepstein
When is the drawing
Dr Evil
TBD, but I think that at the Feb clinic in VA would be enough time and appropriate smile.gif
Cap'n Krusty
This is AWESOME! You buy a ticket, you have a decent chance to get, in return, a gearbox worth easily a grand, and likely more. AND all the money goes to Sarah's fund to help defray her cancer related expenses not covered by insurance. You win, Sarah wins, and Dr. Evil earns more (unneeded) good will. Like he doesn't have enough of that already ..................

Certainly better than the 500 million to one odds you get in the lotto.

Thanks, Doc, and thanks too to all of you who've jumped onboard with this!

The Cap'n
Dr Evil
Alright folks, look at the first post for the current ticket holders. We need some more participants smile.gif
SLITS
Ok Mike .... donated already but will buy a couple of tickets.

Don't do checks so it has to be PayPal. Will add note to PayPal payment.
Dr Evil
Cool, Ron. Thanks!
Speedmster
One ticket please. PP sent.
bulitt
Can we buy more tickets at the clinic prior to drawing?
Mblizzard
I will hit it again for another chance to win the trans and help out. In fact if I win I will donate the trans to the next person drawn if they will chip in another $25. Can't beat a new trans for $50!

Mike PM me your address or I can pay you in VA.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.