Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yes another GB Side marker lens seals
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
I have been making these as a composite. And the only other option is a foam seal that really didn't fit well. So I got off my a$$ and improved these.

The problem has allways been that the water can get into the lens easily. Now I made a lip that contours to the inside of the lens gasket. I made this from neoprene at 40 duro so it's nice and supple. I'm really happy with how this came out. I will a product ready to ship in 2 weeks. Who want's these?
Mikey914
the profile
You can se ethe relief for the edge of the lens follows the lens. Novel idea huh?
Mikey914
Crossection installed
Mikey914
It's even tight enough the friction fit holds the lens
914werke
Nice!. The old 2 piece foam setup you were offering...er...Sucked! sunglasses.gif
Mikey914
It was better than the foam ring that never actually sealed anything. But, yes, there is a better answer. Just took me a bit to get back to it.
FlatIV
In for a set
no1uno
I'll take 2 sets
euro911
thumb3d.gif

I'll take TWO sets please smile.gif
aharder
I'm in for 1 set biggrin.gif
Mblizzard
I am in. I have the old type on and they were far better than what I had or could find at a reasonable cost anywhere. But these look like just the thing we need.

How is it that Mark winds up with so much of my money?
76-914
2 sets here, and thx for the continued development of a product.
Jeffs9146
I am in for a set!
Mikey914
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Jan 21 2014, 05:17 PM) *

I am in. I have the old type on and they were far better than what I had or could find at a reasonable cost anywhere. But these look like just the thing we need.

How is it that Mark winds up with so much of my money?

I may wind up with a chunk, but as you can see I keep investing in more stuff. The triangle window seals are a prime example. As well as these. I do also have some new stuff coming. But its a month or 2 out. I have one really big item that will be ready to announce in about 5-6 weeks.
michael7810
In for 1 set.
walterolin
One set.
OU8AVW
I'll have a set along with the FI plug seals
rmdinmd
i am in for one set also.
napasteve
one set please
toolguy
add 1 set to my wing window seal order
Thanks
Dave
napasteve
Mikey914, are these available yet?
rmdinmd
add me in for a set also
Larmo63
I need a set too.....
martinef1963
One set for me.
porkchopexpress
Please count me in for a set as well, thanks!
RickS
one set
Mikey914
PM's sent to all
Thx
nihil44
Mark,

One set please. Can be sent with sun visors

Thanks

David
914_teener
If these are still on I will take a set Mark.

Thanks
jeeperjohn56
Mark, I'll take two sets,tell me when to send paypal. John
Mikey914
No problem,
I actually set these up on the site so that they can be bundled with outer group buys and if you need anything else you can get it too. It saves me trying to invoice everything manually, or my guys from guessing what the paypal was for that just hit.

http://shop.914rubber.com/GB-Specials_c22.....m1plqscsfapp05

I did open up a few other older GBs to make it worth the shipping.

Mark
7TPorsh
I'll take a pair...
Jeffs9146
Does it realy cost $6.80 to put these in an envelope and mail them?
Mikey914
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Mar 6 2014, 11:13 AM) *

Does it realy cost $6.80 to put these in an envelope and mail them?

They go priority mail, we have to print, buy the ink, paper, tape, printer, and I pay a guy to to do this, and try to keep it organized.

The net cost over raw postage is $1.75 per package to process. The envelope or box are free, but we do have to get or order them in.

So I don't think I'm out of line. I do try to make other items available to help offset the postage cost. I understand that reg mail is inexpensive, but I still have to pay for the container, and the time to address it. I also have no way to tell if we have processed it other that logging it. So the labor cost eats up most of the savings, if not making it a wash on my side. As well as creating a more complex system to ship and inventory.

The shipping is not a profit center for me, but I have to cover costs.
euro911
Yeah, just order more rubber stuff and make the postage count, Jeff poke.gif
speed metal army
Mark is the busiest man alive! beerchug.gif I wish I was half as motivated! Cool new product! It took me a few cars worth of parts to find a nice stock pair. Nice! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.