Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My son is a Gold Level ZPT
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Type 47
After several years of attaining a bronze, silver, and now gold level Certified Porsche Technician (ZPT) from the Porsche Academy, Casey has achieved his goal.

The journey began a long time ago, pictured below on his 1st day of school.

IPB Image
JStroud
Wow I had no idea they started them that young. lol-2.gif

Seriously though, that's quite an accomplishment, you must be, and should be, very proud, congratulations. beer.gif

Jeff
mrbubblehead
thats awesome. where did he start? shoot, maybe i will do it. seriously....
ruby914
That's great, congratulations, and how old is he now?
rick 918-S
Quite an achievement! beerchug.gif
Woody
Congratulations. That is quite an acheivement. Whats his name? I may have had some classes with him. beerchug.gif
ThePaintedMan
Very cool! Congrats. piratenanner.gif
CptTripps
That's gotta make you proud. Well done!
Type 47
QUOTE(JStroud @ Jan 21 2014, 09:27 PM) *

Wow I had no idea they started them that young. lol-2.gif

Seriously though, that's quite an accomplishment, you must be, and should be, very proud, congratulations. beer.gif

Jeff

Yes, indeed quite proud.

QUOTE(mrbubblehead @ Jan 21 2014, 11:28 PM) *

thats awesome. where did he start? shoot, maybe i will do it. seriously....

We live in St. Louis but he went to Universal Technical Institute (UTI) in Phoenix. Phoenix is the only UTI that has a relationship with Porsche. if you are #1 in your class and have perfect attendance then you get an interview with Porsche to see if they will accept you into the Porsche Academy.

Casey met both of those requirements (also passed all 8 of the ASE certifications and the 3 bonus ones (one is required to graduate)), however, when he graduated he came back to STL and hit up both the Porsche dealerships for jobs...he got a temporary service writers job at the smaller dealership while he worked on the larger one. Long story short, the large dealership hired him after his 6 month SW stint. got hired as a Cadillac tech, then moved to the Audi side, got factory certified on Audi's, then moved to the Porsche side. The dealership sent him to the Academy on their dime.

QUOTE(ruby914 @ Jan 22 2014, 12:40 AM) *

That's great, congratulations, and how old is he now?

Casey turned 32 in September.

QUOTE(Woody @ Jan 22 2014, 05:42 AM) *

Congratulations. That is quite an acheivement. Whats his name? I may have had some classes with him. beerchug.gif

Casey E.

QUOTE(CptTripps @ Jan 22 2014, 07:29 AM) *

That's gotta make you proud. Well done!

Indeed. You never know how you are influencing your kids. When I got my 1st 914 I couldn't afford to take it to the dealership for service, so I bought a book and learned to work on it myself. I guess all of those times I wrenched on my 914's might have created some interest.
green914
aktion035.gif Right On! piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif
2mAn
Thats so awesome. My Dad is a DIY guy (to a degree) and thats got to be how the bug got implanted in me. I never went to UTI route, just learned on my own. I still make a ton of mistakes, but I do most of the work on my own and its very rewarding.

Congrats to Casey! He is the same age as me!
Type 47
on the down side...while Casey understands completely how to calibrate the lane assist on a new Cayman, he's not as up to speed on installing trailing arms or other old school stuff I need help on putting my 75' resto back together.

I'm sure, though, he will be a great asset during the process.
snakemain
Congrats to him!

We need to meet up sometime.
Garland
Congratulations!
As a dealership service manager I personal know the time and workload it takes to achieve that goal.

He is a valuable employee I'm sure to his employer, and very marketable.

beerchug.gif
Type 47
QUOTE(Garland @ Jan 23 2014, 05:54 PM) *

Congratulations!
As a dealership service manager I personal know the time and workload it takes to achieve that goal.

He is a valuable employee I'm sure to his employer, and very marketable.

beerchug.gif

Yes, the dealership's current gold ZPT is a grey beard like me...he's close to retiring.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.