Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question on wheel color
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
'73-914kid
I hate to be one of those people that asks questions about wheels, cause most forums are choc-full of them.. But I need some advice..

When I finally burn through my tires, I'm going to have my VTO minilites powdercoated before installing new tires. I'm trying to decided between having them powdercoated the same metallic silver, or going for a dark gunmetal color, or maybe even a dark metallic gold.. I'm not sure what direction to go, but the straight silver seems pretty classic and bulletproof at this point?

What say the brain trust? Or even better, can anyone photoshop the different colors onto the wheels from this picture?
IPB Image
carr914
I'm not a Fan of PowderCoating Aluminum Wheels. I have read stories of the Baking Temperature screwing up the Metallurgy of Aluminum
JmuRiz
+1, they look good as-is...if you want a color, just paint them with whatever a wheel painter suggests.
wndsnd
Dont think you want to go gold. rolleyes.gif
Black22
I like the current color.
dlkawashima
Just a rough idea how gold or gunmetal might look:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Socalandy
I like them as is. good balance with all the trim
sixnotfour
spray plastic dip, you can peel it off and go with a different coler every week...
bigkensteele
I agree with the others that they look great as they are. As mentioned above, Plastidip is an option to try out different looks.

https://www.dipyourcar.com/Kit-Wheels-cat/

KELTY360
I've always thought your car looks perfect. Love to see pictures of it.
MATTYLITE
I powder coated mine gloss black. Let me know if you want pics and I'll take some for you.
Cairo94507
Car looks perfect with wheels silver.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.