Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A-arm and Trailing Arm Heights
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
jd74914
Hi guys.

I'm planning on doing some suspension geometry mods (already raised my spindles, debating raising trailing arm mounts) and am trying to model my suspension kinematics to see what changes I'm making. The only problem is that my car is on jackstands with no mounted suspension, and I didn't measure anything first so I don't have anything to use as a baseline.

If anyone has a little time, could you post a picture of your car and measure the distance from the ground to rear trailing arm pivot and ground to front a-arm mounts.

If I can get everything to work (I'm using Lotus Shark) I'll share the results.

Thanks! smile.gif
ChrisFoley
If you find time to stop by the shop James you can take all the measurements you want.
I have a chassis on our frame table right now.
tomeric914
Hey Chris, with your raised pickup points and tall shock towers, what is the limitation on overall tire diameter that can be run before it rubs somewhere on the fender or wheel well?
ChrisFoley
I don't know for sure but a 25" dia tire is probably ok.
jd74914
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Jan 23 2014, 08:16 AM) *

If you find time to stop by the shop James you can take all the measurements you want.
I have a chassis on our frame table right now.

Awesome! Thanks Chris! Hopefully I'll have some time to stop down soon. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.