Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fl#$king glove box
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sic6
Have yet to see a clean, basically untawdry glove box....they all have stains, etc in them ....gawd knows what teener owners put in them....

Woody???? dry.gif

Anyway, how the flock can one tidy these up so they look close to NOS....
McMark
What are you doing spending so much intimate time with your glovebox? I can't remember the list time I even opened mine. av-943.gif
mepstein
It's the small details that make a car nice.
rhodyguy
patina.
rgalla9146
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jan 23 2014, 10:22 AM) *

patina.

Had a heavily stained mouse motel.
Rattle can black did the trick.
Don't even try to remove the box.
Vacuum thoroughly, mask around the opening and the chrome hinge screws, spray....walla ! or voila! if you're French
rgolia
agree with rattle can method...but I did remove mine so I could spray it inside and out.
CptTripps
QUOTE(rgolia @ Jan 23 2014, 11:23 AM) *

agree with rattle can method...but I did remove mine so I could spray it inside and out.

3-4 coats of black Plastidip and you'll be amazed how nice it looks. Has a 'rubber' feel to it, and if you shoot it right over the cleaned-out masonite, it'll never peel off.
JmuRiz
Funny, I've removed the glove box insert and fresh air fan before...didn't think it was too tough. However other things like doing fuel-lines or a wiring harness have me nervous to try.

Plastidip idea sounds like a good idea, if you aren't going to concourse weenie points. It'll keep stuff from sliding around so much.
tweet
Leather/vinyl dye. Comes in all different colors. Grey, black, etc. You can use a dauber or brush.
Rob-O
If you're going to go through the trouble of taking it out, why spray with plastidip or paint? Spray with an adhesive and then put it in a plastic bag, throw a bunch of flocking in there (Jo-Ann fabric) shake the shit out of it and it'll look like the day it came out of the factory.
sic6
QUOTE(Rob-O @ Jan 23 2014, 09:25 PM) *

If you're going to go through the trouble of taking it out, why spray with plastidip or paint? Spray with an adhesive and then put it in a plastic bag, throw a bunch of flocking in there (Jo-Ann fabric) shake the shit out of it and it'll look like the day it came out of the factory.

Box is out...have a couple of them...
Am going to wander down to an arts and crafts store, find the finest grey (gray down south) flocking...and see what happens.
IF the result isn't too embarassing, will see if I can post some results...
r_towle
QUOTE(sic6 @ Jan 24 2014, 01:57 PM) *

QUOTE(Rob-O @ Jan 23 2014, 09:25 PM) *

Box is out...have a couple of them...
Am going to wander down to an arts and crafts store, find the finest grey (gray down south) flocking...and see what happens.
IF the result isn't too embarassing, will see if I can post some results...

If you have something similar to "games Workshop" or a store focused on trains and role playing games, you may find a wider variety of flocking colors.

My son does alot of this type of modeling and building or scenery for his armies, so I have been to all the standard places, the Games Workshop type stores are just more geared towards the variety.

They also have an online store.

rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.