Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My latest 914. Fully caged track v8 conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JRust
So much for thinning my herd. I took this on trade on my 72 Corvair conversion car. Which I sold as a roller. Well sold/traded for this car. It's got some possibilites evilgrin.gif Of course I have another v8 conversion project allready huh.gif
jasons
I've never seen anyone locate their radiator there yet.

Ok I know it's just sitting there, but at first glance....
messix
QUOTE(jasons @ Jan 23 2014, 06:07 PM) *

cabin heat...... slap.gif
computers4kids
Jamie,
what size motor is that? The center bolt heads--vortec heads? 350 or 305? Does it run?
JRust
QUOTE(computers4kids @ Jan 23 2014, 08:08 PM) *

Jamie,
what size motor is that? The center bolt heads--vortec heads? 350 or 305? Does it run?

No clue! Unloaded it this morning. Took a few quick pics when I got home. I've got to get it covered up. No space in my shop or garage at the moment. Need to get my black car stripped & gone so it can go in there on the lift. Trying to get more info on the motor from John. Hopefully he has some on it
2mAn
QUOTE(JRust @ Jan 23 2014, 05:30 PM) *

So much for thinning my herd.

That was the first thing I thought when I saw that you got another project...
Andyrew
Good looking project!

I always thought making a new firewall was the best way to do a v8 conversion. No need to mess with harmonic banancers and move all the belt components and more importantly retain stock water pump.

The 4 lug though... Doesnt yeild much as far as suspension and brakes...
jmmotorsports
QUOTE(JRust @ Jan 23 2014, 08:25 PM) *

Jamie,

No clue! Unloaded it this morning. Took a few quick pics when I got home. I've got to get it covered up. No space in my shop or garage at the moment. Need to get my black car stripped & gone so it can go in there on the lift. Trying to get more info not he motor from John. Hopefully he has some on it

Jamie, let me know if you get tired of this one i have an extra ls1 that needs a home

jerry
JRust
QUOTE(jmmotorsports @ Jan 24 2014, 10:21 AM) *

QUOTE(JRust @ Jan 23 2014, 08:25 PM) *

Jamie,

No clue! Unloaded it this morning. Took a few quick pics when I got home. I've got to get it covered up. No space in my shop or garage at the moment. Need to get my black car stripped & gone so it can go in there on the lift. Trying to get more info not he motor from John. Hopefully he has some on it

Jamie, let me know if you get tired of this one i have an extra ls1 that needs a home

jerry

I'll trade you this one for your LS1 straight up happy11.gif I do mean for the one allready in your 914 & finished
brant
you going racing?
JRust
QUOTE(brant @ Jan 24 2014, 11:08 AM) *

you going racing?

Nah not enough time for me to do a Race season. Or money for that matter. Be nice to make some AutoX but doubt I would do a season there. It's a little more custom than I remembered. It would take some work to make street legal. So probably destined for someone esle. I'll decide once I get more info on the motor. Only took in trade to help a fellow teener out to buy mine. Plus I was intrigued idea.gif . Granted if it's a 914 & I haven't seen it I am already interested laugh.gif
maf914
QUOTE(messix @ Jan 23 2014, 07:59 PM) *

QUOTE(jasons @ Jan 23 2014, 06:07 PM) *

cabin heat...... slap.gif

Cut a hole in the floor and pull the cooling air from underneath the car. Add some skirts and you'll have ground effect, sort of like the Chaparral 2J or Brabham BT46B fan car. idea.gif
BIGKAT_83
QUOTE(JRust @ Jan 24 2014, 03:48 PM) *

QUOTE(brant @ Jan 24 2014, 11:08 AM) *

you going racing?

Nah not enough time for me to do a Race season. Or money for that matter. Be nice to make some AutoX but doubt I would do a season there. It's a little more custom than I remembered. It would take some work to make street legal. So probably destined for someone esle. I'll decide once I get more info on the motor. Only took in trade to help a fellow teener out to buy mine. Plus I was intrigued idea.gif . Granted if it's a 914 & I haven't seen it I am already interested laugh.gif

The engine is a mid 90s LT1(350ci) or its little brother with 262ci. If it has aluminun heads its a 350ci and with steel heads it could be a 350 or 262 engine.
You pulled home a bunch of work there.

Bob welder.gif
McMark
That cage needs to be ripped out. These areas are not good.
carr914
Jamie, the 12 Step Meeting starts at 6pm!
KELTY360
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jan 25 2014, 04:47 AM) *

You might want to get there early.
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(McMark @ Jan 24 2014, 06:52 PM) *

Based on the bend radius, looks like it was made with a conduit bender.
boxstr
Mark, I think you need to make those blue circles much much LARGER..
Craig at CAMP
JRust
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jan 25 2014, 04:47 AM) *

Wow T.C you go to a meeting for this WTF.gif

My 12 step program is here on the site. My support/Ridicule group is a huge bunch of insane people that are teenaholic's too. They feed my addiction so I really only need to scratch that itch with a new 914 every 4-5 months happy11.gif

I so have this under control sunglasses.gif
JRust
Couple more pics of the car with the flares set on it. IT has dezu fasteners but only the side on the car. The screw on the flares are missing dry.gif . These are some wideeeee flares. Looks funny wight he little 4lug suspension on there laugh.gif
JRust
coupe more. Sorry they were quick cell phone shot's. Quality isn't so good but was to lazy to go to the house for my camera
bulitt
Dear God.
Randal
QUOTE(McMark @ Jan 24 2014, 06:52 PM) *

And the hoop has to be higher to be SCCA legal. It'd make a fun hill climb car and you have a few events right there in Oregon.

jeeperjohn56
Jamie, are you still married?you might need to go to the 12 step meetings. I stopped at two cars. John av-943.gif
JRust
I'm hovering between selling it & keeping it around to play with idea.gif . Has potential to be alot of fun. At the same time I have plenty to keep me occupied. Keep your eye's on the classifieds. May show up there soon. Or you may just see me out playing on a track somewhere aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.