Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Just got a call from DrifterJay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skline
I just got a call from Jared, he is doing good and heading out to Iraq tomorrow. He will have an address we can ship stuff to. I will know in a couple of days and we can put together a care package for him. Just wanted to pass it on.
larryp
Fuck. I hope he will be OK. If there is anything groupwise happening, I am in.
Meredith
Thanks for the update, Scott. I'm sure he'll get some great care packages from this group!
Joe Bob
Good Luck Jared....can we ship Clay?
d914
I'm in... get us a list of goodies..
Aaron Cox
i talked to him on aol a few days ago.......
asked him his brand of smokes: camel filters IPB Image

howard wants to send him the blow up sheep he got IPB Image
Joe Bob
What...they got only UGLEE sheep over there? IPB Image
Howard
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Jan 3 2005, 07:56 AM)
i talked to him on aol a few days ago.......
asked him his brand of smokes: camel filters IPB Image

howard wants to send him the blow up sheep he got IPB Image

Way to wreck the surprise, Aaron IPB Image

Post it when you get it Scotty!
Mrs. K
IPB Image Oh yeah, I'm in for sending him goodies!
Let us know Scott, and maybe you and I can organize the shipment.

Lisa IPB Image
rhodyguy
something i found out when i sent some things to my son, and some suggestions.

believe it or not, some of the troops don't get alot of support from home, so extra bits spread the wealth around. i made a run to costco and included... multi packs of tooth brushes, tooth paste and dental floss. the costco brand of baby wipes are a great value, non-perishable treats- m&ms, jerky, nuts, new/fresh socks (6 to a bundle), disposable lighters, AA batteries- cd players eat them up, a couple of razors that use replaceable blades and extra blades. a couple of boxes of the assorted sizes of band-aids and neosporin. go thru your paperback books, they help with packing also. i dehydrate alot of fruit, so i sent lots of vacu-sealed bags. think outside the box.

shipping....it WILL be exspensive, i shipped 4 mags across the country for less than 2 boxes to the land of sun and sand. parcel post to the east coast is slooow. go priority mail to get to the shippment point on the east coast faster. i broke the items down into 2 boxes. better odds of atl east one getting through. get a customs declaration form for each box, you MUST have one for each box. any post office will have them. fill them out before you go to the post office. if not you will have to step aside, fill them out , and you will be at the end of the line.

hope this helps,

kevin
balthazar
Godspeed to Drifterjay. Keep your head down and your friends close. Serving in the desert aint no fuckin picknick.

Corby 11BC2

2/14 infantry 10th mtn div('90-'94)
skline
Thanks for the tips Kevin, and Lisa, I will take you up on that offer to help. I should get the address in the next few days and we can start putting something together. I got a Costco gift card for Christmas I can use it to get some stuff to send over. Bulk stuff would be a good idea not only for cost effectiveness but for quantity.
Mrs. K
You got it, Scott. IPB Image
And those are great suggestions Kevin! Thanks a bunch! IPB Image

Lisa IPB Image
GWN7
Rusty would have a good idea on what to send.

Don't send cookie's, they don't survive the trip and packages might take a long time to get there.
rhodyguy
the peanut type were a big hit. candy trivia. m&m's, "the candy that melts in your mouth, not in your hand", were developed during WW2. coating the chocolate made it possible to send the sweets to hot climates and not have the chocolate melt into a mess. IPB Image

kevin
bernbomb914
panty hose KEEPS THE SAND OUT OF THEIR GUNS, AT&T international calling cards. any small toleit goods (hotel size is best) . our local realtor board donates every week to a retired lt. col.USMC and she sends boxes to the troops.

Bernie
JB 914
QUOTE (skline @ Jan 3 2005, 06:49 AM)
I just got a call from Jared, he is doing good and heading out to Iraq tomorrow. He will have an address we can ship stuff to. I will know in a couple of days and we can put together a care package for him. Just wanted to pass it on.

You know i'm in. Just let me know what you need. I'll look into the shipping costs to get it wherever in the US the Govt. takes over.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.