Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help Identify a Tool?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
euro911
Not sure if it's a VW or Porsche engine tool, but I found this in a box with a case-splitter and some other specialized small tools. Kind of has me stumped blink.gif

Anybody? ... Bueller? ... Krusty? ... (the winner gets the dime) laugh.gif

Click to view attachment
gifted914
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jan 24 2014, 08:18 PM) *

Not sure if it's a VW or Porsche engine tool, but I found this in a box with a case-splitter and some other specialized small tools. Kind of has me stumped blink.gif

Anybody? ... Bueller? ... Krusty? ... (the winner gets the dime) laugh.gif

Click to view attachment

it's a tool to adjust the clutch cable on beetle etc.
914Sixer
Yep, that is what it is,
scotty b
Eric Shea ?? confused24.gif
OU8AVW
Scotty beat me to it!
Cap'n Krusty
What's up with posting, and answering, at 3 in the morning? Don't you guys EVER sleep? Maybe YOU are rust ........................

The first answer is correct, but the added leverage is so small that it doesn't work all that much better than not using it at all.

The Cap'n
euro911
Ah-ha. Always used pliers myself confused24.gif

Thanks ...
Cap'n Krusty
Snap On used to sell a socket that fit over the wingnut and was used in conjunction with a ratcheting box wrench. Best tool ever for the application.

The Cap'n
scotty b
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Jan 24 2014, 07:34 AM) *

What's up with posting, and answering, at 3 in the morning? Don't you guys EVER sleep? Maybe YOU are rust ........................

The first answer is correct, but the added leverage is so small that it doesn't work all that much better than not using it at all.

The Cap'n

time zones Krustovski slap.gif
rgalla9146
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jan 24 2014, 04:01 PM) *

The Cap'n

all versions of these tool are worthless unless the DAPM freed up the wing nut and applied copious amounts of Never- seize .....also bring a mini vise-grip, your smallest hands and extra elbows
r_towle
Dave is a tool
balljoint
laugh.gif

Screw you Rich.

You and the moustache you rode in on.
A&PGirl
Is this tool critical or can you just wing it?
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jan 24 2014, 01:01 PM) *

The Cap'n

There is only ONE time zone, and it's the one where I happen to be at any given time. All other "imaginary" time zones are symptoms of wrongheadedness. And don't you forget it, cause it's gonna be on the test.

The Cap'n
euro911
OK, time to put this to rest ... FYI, I was up until 3am scratching my head and trying to figger out WTF this damn tool was for headbang.gif

laugh.gif
scotty b
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Jan 24 2014, 07:54 PM) *

QUOTE(scotty b @ Jan 24 2014, 01:01 PM) *

The Cap'n

There is only ONE time zone, and it's the one where I happen to be at any given time. All other "imaginary" time zones are symptoms of wrongheadedness. And don't you forget it, cause it's gonna be on the test.

The Cap'n

Gotcha KST it is then

screwy.gif
Eric_Shea
I think we identified the tool. blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.