Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 5 yr's ago Yesterday
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
Wow, time flies. It's hard to believe but 5 yr's ago yesterday I joined this madness. I bought a non-running 914 and did not know which way to turn. I had not turned a wrench since the late 60's and my only common thread was thru A/C engines. I stumbled across TheWorld and have been hooked ever since. In the past, I greatly enjoyed the camaraderie of the EAA but in all honesty it paled in comparison to you guys. This is "one" big family of like minded peeps. Sometimes one happy family sometimes not. But a family in the strongest since of the word. Members helping one another, chiding one another, bickering, laughing and hanging out in general. And all this whilst looking out for one anothers best interest. Best damned decision I ever made was hitch'en my wagon here. To the best group of guys & gals I have ever had the pleasure of hanging with. Thanks for all the good times and great memories that I've found here. To another 5, I hope! beerchug.gif
effutuo101
welcome to the madness...again. and here is to another 5! beerchug.gif
Chris H.
Only 5 years? Thought it was longer but good for you! beerchug.gif
shoguneagle
VERY, VERY SICK; IN DEED!!! YOU ARE A SICKO!!! You are incurable!!! Stay away since I do not want that "SICKNESS"! Wait! I HAVE IT TOO.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I now know why I always want a beer, or two, or three, or four . . . . . . . .

beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif beer.gif beer.gif beer.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif beer.gif beer.gif beer.gif beer.gif beer.gif beer.gif beer.gif beer.gif
FourBlades
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

biggrin.gif
eric9144
Happy anniversary!? drunk.gif

Now, lets do a run...it's been way too long...

If this thread is 'wwo-pics' here you go--Kent is the tiny little white spec at the front of the pack biggrin.gif
Click to view attachment
phatnine11
Kent,
I remember the day I met you. We met at a Starbuck's in Hemet. I also met Dave, Silver74insocal that day. All I could think was that I drove all the way out to Hemet to meet a Texas redneck! Through the meets and drives that you organized, I met some awesome people. A moment for the ones that are no longer with us. Looking forward to more drives with the group and can't wait to get a ride in your Suby special!
Cesar
R.I.P Lew and Al

Click to view attachment
914_teener
av-943.gif

Ya......but he's a NICE Texas redneck. I even think he likes it out here.

We need a BBQ.........
r_towle
Ok, so you passed the non club probationary period, what are you going to do now?
StratPlayer
Yep I remember the time I met you in moab,,,,,, you had your airbox on upside down held in place with a tennis ball. You've come a long ways.,,. drunk.gif
JRust
5 Years isn't bad! Congrats on making it so long. Only the strong will survive the jackstands after the first year evilgrin.gif
SLITS
And then there was Ouray, CO. av-943.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jan 25 2014, 04:29 PM) *

And then there was Ouray, CO. av-943.gif

unsure.gif Just like family... we all left you in Durango... slap.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.