Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Condensers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mblizzard
I recently came across a number of NOS Bosch condensers for the 914. Before I try to sell or toss them I was wondering how many people still ran them on their cars?
TheCabinetmaker
I had a pertronics in my car once. left me stranded on the side of the road. Never again.
I'm betting 90% of us still use points. I for one, always will
gunny
I still use them. Never had a problem with points and condenser.
Cap'n Krusty
Nice to have, as they're pretty cheap. I've probably sold fewer than a dozen for 914s in over 40 years. They just don't fail. In fact, most were sold to repair damage caused by shorted point wires.

The Cap'n
76-914
You ought to give 'em another try, Curt. They really are nice. I've fried a pair (crossed +/-) and have another pair running for 10 yr's. I had a Bosche fuel pump die on me but I still use them.
Mblizzard
I have a few NOS ones that I would pass along to those who use them. Let me know.
dlestep
I've tried a couple Pertronix in 009 distributors, but they both failed, and stranded my son in his '65 Notch.
One exhibited wire chaffing, while the other just stopped functioning.
I have never been stranded with points. My habit is checking them weekly and
when I replace them, I put the used one in the glovebox, just in case.
The 1911cc type 4, has twin points. They have never failed.

saigon71
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Jan 25 2014, 10:57 PM) *

I have a few NOS ones that I would pass along to those who use them. Let me know.

I could use a spare or two. Still running points & condenser.

beerchug.gif
Jake Raby
If your points aren't turning a shade of yellow, the condenser is just fine :-)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.