Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SIX oil cooler mods
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Trekkor
Many here have helped me to see the necessity of having my oil cooler modified.

I'll remove it and have it fabbed today.
Going with a 90 degree turn toward the front of the car with AN-16 threads on it.

Is it difficult to put the cooler back on with the motor in the car, or should I be patient, and put it on while it's still on the bench?

Thanks,

KT
Joe Bob
One way that I have done in the past...is cut the support bracket off at the cooler, cut the line about 1.5-2 inches in and use a preformed 90 degree radiator hose and a screw clamp......then a slip fitting with an AN fitting on the other end.....that line then connects to the oil cooler.

It's NOT a high pressure line and the welded joint is not ABSOLUTELY needed...but it is nice to have....I've done it BOTH ways in the past....

If you have the welder doing that job...do the AN conversion on the oil tank fitting(s) AND the one coming out of the engine case.

The engine case fitting will screw out....no need to take the whole engine to the welder.... IPB Image
Joe Bob
BTW....if you decide to NOT go with welded AN fittings....I have some extra 27 and 30mm Porsche to AN conversion fittings...
Trekkor
Thanks, #5.

I like the weld up option , as it won't leak or wear out.

My Vellios alum tank has the AN fittings on it.
Is there another mod I'm missing? IPB Image

KT
Kerrys914
Mike, if KT doesn't need them I would like to get one of the block conversion fittings off you. IIRC that is the 27mm?

I think my tank has AN-12 for its connection. I would just need you fitting and a 27mm/AN-12 fitting, right?

Cheers
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.