Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 4 point harness
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kid914
Looking for instructions and pictures if possible for a 4 point harness installation.
Wanna make sure I do this write. driving.gif
Thanks
r_towle
Lower seatbelt is simple and obvious.
Upper needs to comply with your racing body for both steel plates at the firewall, and height over your shoulder.
I believe to do it correctly, you need either the right type of seat, or a harness bar so they are fastened over the bar at the right angle for your seating position.

There are diagrams on the PCA site, or SCCA site , but check with the racing organization you plan to run with...those are the rules to follow.
DBCooper
There are belt installation instructions on the Simpson site (www.simpsonraceproducts.com). They've been vetted by lots of lawyers so should also meet the standards of any race organization.

carr914
a 4 Point won't pass any Racing Org Tech Inspection - you need a 5 or 6 point
DBCooper
Any organization? I know it's not ideal and admit I haven't looked at the rules for it, but I autocross with four point harness and it's never failed tech. I just looked on the Simpson site and the only instructions there are for six point harnesses, but you could still use the lap and shoulder parts.

carr914
I said Racing, not A/X
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.