Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: question about clutch job
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rosenfe
i just put in new clutch ,pressure plateand throwout bearing.got trans mated to engine,but i have a question about throwout bearing.should i be able with my hand to push throwout lever?or does it require cable and foot pressure to activate it.could bolts being too tight on pressure plates affect movement of throwout lever.i want it right before putting all back into car.
mrbubblehead
QUOTE(rosenfe @ Jan 25 2014, 01:32 PM) *

i just put in new clutch ,pressure plateand throwout bearing.got trans mated to engine,but i have a question about throwout bearing.should i be able with my hand to push throwout lever?or does it require cable and foot pressure to activate it.could bolts being too tight on pressure plates affect movement of throwout lever.i want it right before putting all back into car.

very very little if any. the pressure plate is pretty damn strong. you need the pulley and lever to multiply the force.
rosenfe
QUOTE(mrbubblehead @ Jan 25 2014, 01:37 PM) *

very very little if any. the pressure plate is pretty damn strong. you need the pulley and lever to multiply the force.

will overtight pressure plate bolts cause a problem in throwout lever action
SLITS
QUOTE(rosenfe @ Jan 25 2014, 01:52 PM) *

Nope, you'll just strip the threads of the fastener or in the flywheel maybe even shear the fastener.

You can push the lever towards the front of the car, but once the TB contacts the pressure plate fingers you'll have to overcome 900 -1100 lbs/in to push the fingers in.
rosenfe
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jan 25 2014, 02:26 PM) *

QUOTE(rosenfe @ Jan 25 2014, 01:52 PM) *

Nope, you'll just strip the threads of the fastener or in the flywheel maybe even

shear the fastener.

You can push the lever towards the front of the car, but once the TB contacts the pressure plate fingers you'll have to overcome 900 -1100 lbs/in to push the fingers in.

ok ,thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.