Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rebuilt Dr. Evil trans
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
SpecialInt
I bought this trans from a member who passed away. It was rebuilt by Dr. Evil in 2006.
It was removed in 2007 with approximately 1100 miles after rebuild due to engine failure. Looks like many of you knew the member who passed. His name was Welby Sowers. Anyway I have no info on the internals but perhaps Dr. Evil knows the skinny.

Hoping to find out what he thinks it's worth that would be fair before I price it.

Thanks and any input would be great

[/size][/b]UPDATE

$550 ******SOLD******
Difficult question...as most of the Dr. " classes " on rebuilt trans are performed by the participant themselves unitizing mostly " good used " parts along with guidance during the session. Unless the Trans was sent to the Dr...and he has records of "all" the new parts installed. It's just a good used trans. Good luck with your sale.
Car in sig...2002/3 996?
carr914
QUOTE(396 @ Jan 26 2014, 12:41 AM) *

Difficult question...as most of the Dr. " classes " on rebuilt trans are performed by the participant themselves unitizing mostly " good used " parts along with guidance during the session. Unless the Trans was sent to the Dr...and he has records of "all" the new parts installed. It's just a good used trans. Good luck with your sale.
Car in sig...2002/3 996?

Evil wasn't doing his Clinics back then, he was rebuilding Trannys to get $$ to get thru Med School. So it should be one that Dr Evil had his fingers in ....
Dr Evil
Why the "quotation marks" in your response, 0396??? Insinuating something?

SpecialInt, I dont remember what we did to that gear box. I was the one who rebuilt it and it should be good to go as Welby never had a problem with it, however he didnt put many miles on it as you have posted. Other probs with his car kept it up on jackstands...not an uncommon thing.

I can tell you that I always go through every box, inspect and replace what ever needs replacing, and almost always use good used parts per my customers requests.

Since this box was built so long ago, it is well out of warranted, but if there was ever a problem with it I would still gladly deeply discount any repair work that would be needed. I would try to keep the cost to that of shipping only. I have not had to do this, ever, though, so I cant say how warranty work goes smile.gif

As for value, it is worth what you can get for it. I do not know what the market is for one of my transmissions after it has been installed, and after 7 years. If I can help further, hit me up.
Dr Evil
BTW, I started marking my boxes then for warranty work and tracking so if you PM me I can help you check and verify.
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 26 2014, 03:23 PM) *

Why the "quotation marks" in your response, 0396??? Insinuating something?

SpecialInt, I dont remember what we did to that gear box. I was the one who rebuilt it and it should be good to go as Welby never had a problem with it, however he didnt put many miles on it as you have posted. Other probs with his car kept it up on jackstands...not an uncommon thing.

I can tell you that I always go through every box, inspect and replace what ever needs replacing, and almost always use good used parts per my customers requests.

Since this box was built so long ago, it is well out of warranted, but if there was ever a problem with it I would still gladly deeply discount any repair work that would be needed. I would try to keep the cost to that of shipping only. I have not had to do this, ever, though, so I cant say how warranty work goes smile.gif

As for value, it is worth what you can get for it. I do not know what the market is for one of my transmissions after it has been installed, and after 7 years. If I can help further, hit me up.

No insults intended- just highlighting how your classes operate and if you worked on it. Only you would have the necessary info on the rebuild.
SpecialInt
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 26 2014, 03:29 PM) *

BTW, I started marking my boxes then for warranty work and tracking so if you PM me I can help you check and verify.

Thanks for the info Dr.

I got the mileage estimate from his mom Ann.
I thought from the posts that I read that the mileage was lower than 1100.

I am thinking $750 for the trans. If anything is wrong I will pay to have it shipped to Dr. Evil and pay the first $200 of any diagnosis and or work required. Or if you want to pay for the trans I will take the trans to Dr. Evil with his permission of course. I will at that point pay whatever he needs to go over the trans.

If I did not have a few fresh boxes I would use especially given Dr. Evil's reputation.
SpecialInt
Price is $750
OU8AVW
That's a reasonable price IMHO.
Free bump
carr914
QUOTE(OU8AVW @ Jan 26 2014, 09:01 PM) *

Free bump

agree.gif
SpecialInt
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jan 26 2014, 07:41 PM) *

Free bump

agree.gif

TTT
SpecialInt
QUOTE(SpecialInt @ Jan 29 2014, 06:01 AM) *

QUOTE(carr914 @ Jan 26 2014, 07:41 PM) *

Free bump

agree.gif

TTT

$600
dknechtly
I probably missed it somewhere... is this a tail shift or side shift?
SpecialInt
QUOTE(dknechtly @ Jan 31 2014, 12:52 PM) *

Side shift and I believe I failed to point that out. Hah.

william1764
QUOTE(SpecialInt @ Jan 31 2014, 02:10 PM) *

Maybe interested. Where in MD are you located? I'm in western Howard County.
SpecialInt
QUOTE(william1764 @ Feb 2 2014, 05:38 PM) *

North Montgomery on 97 about 5 miles south of the Howard county line.
william1764
QUOTE(SpecialInt @ Feb 2 2014, 06:49 PM) *

small world - I'm just off 97 probably 5 miles north of the HOCO line - Glenwood. can you email me at bill@ruppertcompanies.com?
SpecialInt
QUOTE(william1764 @ Feb 3 2014, 11:59 AM) *

QUOTE(SpecialInt @ Feb 2 2014, 06:49 PM) *

small world - I'm just off 97 probably 5 miles north of the HOCO line - Glenwood. can you email me at bill@ruppertcompanies.com?

Still here looking for a new home where a 911 motor is which is where the trans should be anyway.
DMCF1Fast
Sent a pm.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.