Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interior color chart or sample book for 1970
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
geshaghi
Does anyone have photos of an interior color chart or sample board for MY 1970? I'm in the process of restoring my -6 and trying to figure out what was available for seat inserts. I understand that the standard was black basketweave, but wanted to see what type of other seat insert material was offered as a factory option, and I would also like to see what type of carpet material was available. I've searched a bit here and found some photos of 71 charts and boards, but haven't been able to locate anything from 70. Thanks
Gustl
here's the US brochure

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Gustl
and here are the interior pages from the european brochure

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Tom_T
Wolfgang, do you happen to have a similar 1973 brochure for which you can email me the pix like those above?

Also, I think it would be a good idea to share the above with Jeff Bowlsby to add to his 914 site's interior & exterior colors section, if you don't mind sharing it?

Danke! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Tom_T
QUOTE(Gustl @ Jan 26 2014, 10:44 AM) *

and here are the interior pages from the european brochure

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

George, I've seen Autos International down in Fallbrook/Escondido do 914 seats in both the black/white & black/tan/white hounds tooth (dog tooth) material that looks great. They usually come with a booth at the March Porsche Swap in Anaheim.

If you're looking for tan/beige - PM me for the source for smooth/grained & basketweave material, since AI can no longer get it, but there is a source in Europe with a pretty good match.

Good Luck on your -6 Resto, then bring her out to the various PCA Zone 8 Concours to show off! SGVR in Pasadena is usually a great show & includes a tour of the Art Center's Auto Design Studios. LA at the Greystone Mansion, OC at the beach/Dana Point & GPX at the Lakewood Golf Course are also great locations/concours.

Best!
Tom
///////
geshaghi
Thanks guys. I have my upholsterer working on the interior now. He does great work. We'll likely do black/white houndstooth inserts, as I think it looks really great. Someone had suggested plaid, but I was fairly certain that plaid wasn't available until later years. I didn't know that corduroy was an option here though. I hope to have the car finished in time to make a couple of shows this year.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.