914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Socalandy
Claimed to be number matching -6 with a link to more pics

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1493861

And if your looking for your engine case #6404470

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1480376
boxsterfan
icon8.gif

To each his own I suppose...are the inlets (scoops area) behind the door intended to be functional?
bdstone914
Wonder why the exhaust is hanging low on the drivers side ?
Lot of non stock mods for a $30 K car.
Mblizzard
Quite a number of questions to be asked on a $30K car for me anyway.
rick 918-S
What range would be the likely VIN of the car that engine came from?
CptTripps
Actually, I kinda dig the front marker lights smoothed back like that.

Click to view attachment

https://picasaweb.google.com/117142440560552478987/9146#

I'm not sure WTF this is though. Air holes for speed?

Click to view attachment
rudedude
my 70/6 chassis 729 has motor 4461
Chris H.
I think the owner is a member...can't seem to find the thread he started...the work done was all metal IIRC...he was struggling with putting it back to stock because of the quality of it...(not the STYLE necessarily..)
Mblizzard
I am not cracking on the car. If you handed me the keys to about any 6 I would likely pee my pants on the spot. But I have seen (never touched or driven) some really nice cars and 6's for that kind of money. I may be out of touch with reality when it comes to the prices on 6's but for that money it should be pretty nicely sorted! A 6 is my dream at some point but if that is all you can get for that money I think I will have to revise my dreams.
Chris H.
I didn't take your comments negatively Mike. Just remembered the car suddenly. The guy either owned it and put it away for a while or bought it from someone who had put it away and it had deteriorated a bit. Just got musty and had some superficial damage IIRC. Anyone else remember confused24.gif ?
SirAndy
QUOTE(Chris H. @ Jan 27 2014, 03:08 PM) *
Anyone else remember confused24.gif ?

Yepp, i remember a thread about this car and i'm pretty sure the owner commented in that thread ...
idea.gif
nathansnathan
I remember that thread. smile.gif
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=208353
geshaghi
The red one is mine. Someone clearly spend a lot of effort in giving it what I call a 935-style treatment. All steel, front turn signals have been laid down. I think the car is cool, in a sort of sexy-ugly way.....

It's for sale, but we'll likely take it back to a narrow body configuration and return it to the original color soon. It is not as difficult as it looks to replace the four quarters, and remove the boxed rockers. I have another factory 914-6 that I'm doing a full nut & bolt restoration on now, and this one will be next.
SirAndy
QUOTE(geshaghi @ Jan 30 2014, 09:46 PM) *

The red one is mine. Someone clearly spend a lot of effort in giving it what I call a 935-style treatment. All steel, front turn signals have been laid down. I think the car is cool, in a sort of sexy-ugly way.....

It's for sale, but we'll likely take it back to a narrow body configuration and return it to the original color soon. It is not as difficult as it looks to replace the four quarters, and remove the boxed rockers. I have another factory 914-6 that I'm doing a full nut & bolt restoration on now, and this one will be next.

smilie_pokal.gif

I think this one deserves to be rescued ...
biggrin.gif
rhodyguy
john kelly flares?
Chris H.
Yeah that's what I was thinking Kevin...someone would have to have serious skills to reattach the fenders where they are cut on the sides and then redo the bottom to make more of a stock look so stock rocker panels could be used... probably more work than drilling out a few hundred spot welds and adding new fenders though...

Would look cool in the original Adriatic blue with the stealth wide body...polished 8" Fuchs...chrome bumpers...

Click to view attachment
rick 918-S
A lot of work to undo the damage. Based on the appearance of the front trunk floor pan the front end has had to have been whacked. So the damage and the repair of the exterior body adds up. Any photos of the longs or the hell hole? Don't get me wrong. If I didn't have three cars waiting in the wings for their turn I would make a "reasonable" offer.
pete000
For sure worthy of a full rescue !

cheer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.