Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Info or history on my car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Blue6
Hoping that some of you NorCal guys would recognize the 914 i just purchased. Its a 1970 thatwas painted dark blueapprox25yrs ago. Its flaired and has a slant nose with headlights removed. It was used in the SantaCruz area for auto cross events by the PO, Compton Vester. It has a welded in cage, five lug conversion, and a 2.7. The engine was installed in the 80's as the previous plate from the80's was "aintno4". Thanx dave

ConeDodger
If it has been autocrossed in the last 25 years in NorCal, Dan Thompson or Steve Nieslony will know something about it. What info are you looking for?
SirAndy
That wouldn't happen to be 914.043.2238 ? idea.gif

If so, that's Andrew's old car, the only slant nose, caged real /6 from Cal that i know of:

Click to view attachment
sixnotfour
Andy that six got remodeled;
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...c=96728&hl=

Dave check the white pages Compton Vester is still in Santa Cruz..
Blue6
Sorry for the limited info, im laid up recovering from knee surgery and in and out depending on the amount of meds. The car is not an original 6, i posted the vin here and there was no additional info. It has slicks, race seats, and an in cockpit adjustable porportioning valve. It has the number 220 on both doors, but no class markings. Numerous teck stickers on the cage and winshield. It has not been registered for the street since 1994, and DMV cleaned my clock to the tune of almost $800. Thanx California. I bought it from Comptons daughter and son in law, who told me that Compton was very elderly and could not be contacted regarding the car. Checking the plate "aintno4" revealed it was on the car from about 1984 till 1993. Thanx dave
sixnotfour
I bought it from Comptons daughter and son in law, who told me that Compton was very elderly and could not be contacted regarding the car. Checking the plate "aintno4" revealed it was on the car from about 1984 till 1993. Thanx dave

In other words Dad would have a Stroke if he found out we sold his 914...It would have been great to talk to him about it...
Jeffs9146
I had a car that was hit in the front in Watsonville around 1982. I sold it to a guy whose last name was Marshal in Aptos. He took the steal rear flares, 5-Lugs, Fuchs, 2.0L engine, Trans, Interior and everything else and put it on another chassis. He then added a slant nose and painted it metalic blue!

I have always wondered what happened to it, maybe it is your car! I know that he sold it to a guy who had planned on autocrossing it! Maybe he installed the 6 and the cage!

Do you have any photos? Are the rear fenders steal M471?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.