Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Muffler Options
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
motorvated
Finally getting back to building out the '72 Chalon for track days and hopefully a couple of vintage races this summer. Stock L-Jet 1.8 from a '75 in it for now. It has the factory dual mufflers with catalytic converter and EGR. Since they weigh a ton, I was thinking of replacing them with something lighter. Nothing too loud, and nothing too pricey, as I'm kind of on a budget. I cut the exchangers off the pipes, as they were cracked and had holes worn through in spots. So bare pipes for now. Besides the cat, EGR, and mounting bracket, is there anything else special about the the '75 1.8 exhaust. Smog pump is long gone, and I assume the cat and EGR will go as well.
McMark
It's the worst setup overall. Backdating to a 1.7 or 2.0 setup is preferred. But if you just need a muffler, search around SummitRacing and find a two-inlet muffler can and bring that with your car to a muffler shop. They'll weld in the new can using the flanges from the old setup.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.