Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Buttercup's recent show
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Kansas 914
Many of you know the story of Buttercup. If you don't it is a story every 914 owner should know as it is the essence of being part of this group.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...mp;hl=buttercup

Buttercup's owner Mary has been to many car shows in the area of Garden City, KS and she loves to tell the story of how Buttercup became the car she is. This weekend there was a car show and Buttercup attended - but the rest of the story is amazing.

A plea went out to have an impromptu car show - with only 24 hours of notice to the Garden City community. What happened was amazing.

Here is the Facebook plea: "I need a huge favor from all car lovers or to anyone that has a loved one. My dad only has days left in his life. He bought a couple hot rods to take to car shows with me and his grandsons. This will not happen. So I am asking from you is I want to bring a show to him at the hospital tomorrow in the east parking lot at St. Catherine hospital at 1:00. Please bring your car, bike or anything on wheels and help me bring his dream to reality. If you can spare a couple hours please come and join."

Here is the result:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0q-kK6xtpE

Thank you Mary for representing with a 914.

Click to view attachment
JawjaPorsche
Great Story! Beautiful Teener!
rick 918-S
Happy but sad day. Speechless.
r_towle
brought a tear to my eye...I hope my kids are as thoughtful when my time comes...I would find a way to get outside...bed or wheechair...
MMW
That was awesome & sad at the same time. I sat & watched it all while thinking of my family. It's as if nothing else mattered for those 9+ minutes.
Eric_Shea
Not a dry eye in the house...
KELTY360
Very powerful. Another example of the cars connecting people together for something larger than themselves. Thanks for sharing that.
SirAndy
first.gif
wndsnd
Wonderful ..........
mtn flyr
speechless....
aircooledtechguy
Wow!! It's awesome to see communities come together and support one of their own like that. Neighbors supporting neighbors. It's what makes this place so special. flag.gif

Thanks for sharing this. It made my day.
ThePaintedMan
As if Mary didn't already have enough to go through. What a great heart, and you're right, the story of Buttercup is one that everyone here should read at least once. Thanks for sharing this.
mgp4591
What a great gesture of community and compassion... That's love in action. biggrin.gif
sixnotfour
Speechless..... and no that's not a tear in my eye...
flippa
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 29 2014, 04:12 PM) *

first.gif

agree.gif

hot_shoe914
Thanks Mike. The really amazing thing is this was all put together in about 18 hours. Car people are the best!

first.gif first.gif first.gif first.gif first.gif first.gif first.gif first.gif first.gif first.gif first.gif first.gif
Chris H.
Beautiful thing. You helped give that guy a couple hours of "normal", which is very hard to do with terminal cancer. He was just a guy at a car show for a while. The rush of good energy at that place must have been unbelievable.
Mary Shortridge
Four years ago, my family was blessed in an unimaginable way by 914World. Buttercup, the very special "Little Yellow Car", continues to be a blessing.
It brings us much joy to be able to tell her story, to anyone who will listen biggrin.gif , about this special community.
Last Saturday was an opportunity to add some joy to brighten another family's darkness. It was crazy/amazing, how many cars and people had already showed up, when I showed up at the appointed time. There were over 100 cars there, nearly 40 motorcycles, and all kinds of other stuff with "wheels". Many of the people that brought their cars, didn't even know Max Oyler. Just like 914World, who didn't know me, or my brother...
Car people, and 914World people, really are the best!!!
I thought you might enjoy reading the article the local newspaper printed about the event.
http://gctelegram.com/news/1-29-14-Son-hel...-wish-come-true
Mary Shortridge
QUOTE(Chris H. @ Jan 30 2014, 09:49 AM) *

Beautiful thing. You helped give that guy a couple hours of "normal", which is very hard to do with terminal cancer. He was just a guy at a car show for a while. The rush of good energy at that place must have been unbelievable.

It really was unbelievable. You could feel the energy, and the love and compassion from everyone, as the crowd parted for his family to wheel Max up and down the cars. It was amazing..
jimtab
This is why I love our funny little cars and the wonderful people who own and care for them..... smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif I've only been to Kansas once, to Garden City to "set up" a plumbing section for a man called C. Osage who was a "combine guy" who wanted a better hardware store for the area. I've never been treated better than by him and his "people" hell, they even took us to their "club" for a great steak dinner and a show by the Ernest Tubbs band. A great experience, for which I've always been grateful.
oldschool
Click to view attachment piratenanner.gif
I was blessed to be able to print the shirts for the build.Thank you Mary. cheer.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(Mary Shortridge @ Jan 30 2014, 08:22 AM) *

Four years ago, my family was blessed in an unimaginable way by 914World. Buttercup, the very special "Little Yellow Car", continues to be a blessing.
It brings us much joy to be able to tell her story, to anyone who will listen biggrin.gif , about this special community.
Last Saturday was an opportunity to add some joy to brighten another family's darkness. It was crazy/amazing, how many cars and people had already showed up, when I showed up at the appointed time. There were over 100 cars there, nearly 40 motorcycles, and all kinds of other stuff with "wheels". Many of the people that brought their cars, didn't even know Max Oyler. Just like 914World, who didn't know me, or my brother...
Car people, and 914World people, really are the best!!!
I thought you might enjoy reading the article the local newspaper printed about the event.
http://gctelegram.com/news/1-29-14-Son-hel...-wish-come-true

Don't forget Mary, you blessed us by coming here and telling us about Lee. You and Buttercup are part of the 914World fabric. Don't be such a stranger. smile.gif
ClayPerrine
It suddenly got really dusty in here.....

sad2.gif

Thanks to Mary for allowing us to be part of this. I feel like I indirectly helped out in it.

zymurgist
smilie_pokal.gif Very moving.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.