Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: D-Jet working again
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jesco Reient
OK, So several people have followed and suggested things to help in my frustration with the D-Jet on my 2056 Raby 9590 cammed car. while the ECU harness was in fact completely rebuilt. Today I pulled the ECU to check the wiring harness out using the Bosch Factory test procedure. All of the indications for resistance and voltage were well within the specs.

HOWEVER, While checking the harness I noticed that the connector was spread a little wide inside the 25 pin ECU connector. I now believe that was causing an intermittent fault with the ECU grounding. since that is the main ground circuit for the ECU.

Anyway the after re-installing everything and making multiple test drives the car it is running significantly better and I now found a smoking gun to believe was causing the issue. There was no bucking or hesitation at all and the car pulled hard to 5500 RPM. Thanks again evryone
John
saigon71
QUOTE(Jesco Reient @ Jan 29 2014, 08:58 PM) *

OK, So several people have followed and suggested things to help in my frustration with the D-Jet on my 2056 Raby 9590 cammed car. while the ECU harness was in fact completely rebuilt. Today I pulled the ECU to check the wiring harness out using the Bosch Factory test procedure. All of the indications for resistance and voltage were well within the specs.

HOWEVER, While checking the harness I noticed that the connector was spread a little wide inside the 25 pin ECU connector. I now believe that was causing an intermittent fault with the ECU grounding. since that is the main ground circuit for the ECU.

Anyway the after re-installing everything and making multiple test drives the car it is running significantly better and I now found a smoking gun to believe was causing the issue. There was no bucking or hesitation at all and the car pulled hard to 5500 RPM. Thanks again evryone
John

Good to hear!

I fought through a bunch of stuff on my D-Jet. I'm glad I hung in there with it...

JeffBowlsby
Glad you found those wire terminals worn out, a hard one to diagnose for sure. How do the other wire terminals look - stretched out...corroded? Did you check for any shorts between wires inside the casing?

I would be interested know more about "the Bosch Factory test procedure". What are you referring to?
Jesco Reient
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Jan 29 2014, 09:18 PM) *

Glad you found those wire terminals worn out, a hard one to diagnose for sure. How do the other wire terminals look - stretched out...corroded? Did you check for any shorts between wires inside the casing?

I would be interested know more about "the Bosch Factory test procedure". What are you referring to?

Jeff,
I sent a Gmail this morning with a PDF of the reference, let me know if you get it. Thanks again
John
boxsterfan

Jeff, can you post that "Bosch test procedure" on your TechArticles area?
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(boxsterfan @ Jan 30 2014, 08:41 AM) *

Jeff, can you post that "Bosch test procedure" on your TechArticles area?

Its there already, John had used the Bosch D-Jet Manual from my site. I asked what he had used because I wanted to be sure I had it too! Great manual for D-jet.
Jesco Reient
Man this has really made a difference, The D-Jet is really working great start, idles, and runs. very happy with the car.
r_towle
Quick, go drive the crap out of it before something new breaks...
Jesco Reient
QUOTE(r_towle @ Feb 5 2014, 05:41 PM) *

Quick, go drive the crap out of it before something new breaks...

I've been driving it a lot, left turn signal bulb went out last night, So lots of right turns for now. I'll replace that tomorrow. Did wheel bearings, brakes, oil change, and adjusted rear brake venting on Monday. I'll go drive more tomorrow.
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(Jesco Reient @ Feb 5 2014, 05:40 PM) *

Man this has really made a difference, The D-Jet is really working great start, idles, and runs. very happy with the car.

They purr when dialed in. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.