Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1974 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
piss'n914
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum. I'm actually new to 914's too. My future brother inlaw has a 1974 914, that is not running. I'm not sure what the problem is but I'm really looking forward to working on it. and knowing that it is a VW motor the parts will come really cheap. I will post pictures of the car and the work, because I will need help on fixing the car. Its in really good condition.

Its his mother's car who is no longer around and wants to keep it but does not have time to work on it.

If anyone is in the San Diego area, Id love to meet up and talk about the car.

Looking forward to starting and finishing this project.

Steve Snyder
QUOTE(piss'n914 @ Jan 31 2014, 01:35 PM) *

...knowing that it is a VW motor the parts will come really cheap.

I wouldn't count on that, but

welcome.png
boxsterfan
welcome.png

Not sure if I would say all the parts are cheap, but you will get a lot of great help here.
type47
Help will be easier to give if the board knows what they're helping with. Post details about engine size and induction system as a 74 could be either 1.8L or 2L and induction could be stock EFI or carbs. Good luck and you'll get plenty of good help here and probably plenty of good natured humor.
AE354803
welcome.png

There's a good amount of 914 owners in San Diego county, you should have no trouble getting help.
Elliot Cannon
Try these guys. And welcome.png http://www.sdautosport.com/
piss'n914
i'm busy all weekend and out of town next week. but i will prolly get a chance to start messing with it in a week or two. not sure if its a 1.8 or 2.0L but he changed it from fuel injected back to carb...because it was easier to start the vehicle that way.
SirAndy
QUOTE(piss'n914 @ Jan 31 2014, 01:55 PM) *
he changed it from fuel injected back to carb...because it was easier to start the vehicle that way.

Oh boy ... rolleyes.gif

I hope he saved the FI stuff so we can help you getting that back on and running.

welcome.png
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.