Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hub-Centric Spacers?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bones
I need a source for 2 hub-centric 7 - 10 mm spacers to fit the late front hubs. I think I have seen thicker ones, but I wouldn't want them too much thicker. I've put studs into the hubs. Oh---and they are 4-stud hubs.

I'll buy new or used.

Thanks,
Jim
gcrotvik
QUOTE(Bones @ Jan 31 2014, 03:04 PM) *

I need a source for 2 hub-centric 7 - 10 mm spacers to fit the late front hubs. I think I have seen thicker ones, but I wouldn't want them too much thicker. I've put studs into the hubs. Oh---and they are 4-stud hubs.

I'll buy new or used.

Thanks,
Jim

Hi Jim,

Here is a link for 4 x 130 spacers. This outfit is in the UK but they sell to the US and shipping is pretty inexpensive. I've purchased from them in the past and have always liked their service and the quality of their products.

Looks like the thinnest hub centric spacer is 15 MM.

http://www.machine7.com/section.php?xSec=632

Hope this helps.

Greg
wndsrfr

I'll buy new or used.

Thanks,
Jim

I've been told that our cars are lug centric.....not hub centric which always leads to difficulty when getting the wheels balanced. Ordinary spacers should do the trick...
Trekkor
QUOTE(wndsrfr @ Jan 31 2014, 06:19 PM) *

Ordinary spacers should do the trick...

Especially since the hubs have studs.
Something I still need to install.
jcd914

I'll buy new or used.

Thanks,
Jim

I've been told that our cars are lug centric.....not hub centric which always leads to difficulty when getting the wheels balanced. Ordinary spacers should do the trick...

70 - 72 are lug-centric
73 - 76 are hub-centric

Jim
brant
Look in Germany.

I bought TUV approved spacers out of Germany that were hub centric
Cheap spacers can cause balance problems
JFJ914
QUOTE(jcd914 @ Feb 1 2014, 01:11 AM) *

I'll buy new or used.

Thanks,
Jim

70 - 72 are lug-centric
73 - 76 are hub-centric

Jim

Rememember, all years are Lugcentric in the rear.
bdstone914
I doubt that a hub centric spacer can be made that thin. The back side has the centering hole and it has to be as deep as the ring on the front rotor. Not much if any material left.
Bones
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Feb 1 2014, 10:18 AM) *

I doubt that a hub centric spacer can be made that thin. The back side has the centering hole and it has to be as deep as the ring on the front rotor. Not much if any material left.

Bruce, that was just what I didn't want to hear, but strongly suspected. I've run regular stud centered spacers a little last year and experienced balance problems on the highway. I was just hoping someone might have done it.

I wonder if there is enough room to make a (steel sleeve) ring to center the wheel on the hub, and then to use regular spacers (or stack a few shims?) to move the wheels out?? Anyone know of this being done?

Thank you all for your responses and feel free to chime in with more.

-Jim
Bones
QUOTE(gcrotvik @ Jan 31 2014, 06:44 PM) *

I'll buy new or used.

Thanks,
Jim

Hi Jim,

Here is a link for 4 x 130 spacers. This outfit is in the UK but they sell to the US and shipping is pretty inexpensive. I've purchased from them in the past and have always liked their service and the quality of their products.

Looks like the thinnest hub centric spacer is 15 MM.

http://www.machine7.com/section.php?xSec=632

Hope this helps.

Greg

Greg, I didn't want to go that thick, but I might! I see the reason they don't go thinner than 15mm. Thank you very much for this source!!

Jim

sfrenck
Check out what Joe Sayre did with the Machine7 20mm spacers here:

Joe Sayre machine7 spacers
OU8AVW
This guy has a Vanagon shop and makes cool adapters and spacers. He lists hub centric and custom designs. He's active on the Samba and other Vanagon sites, seems real cool and he knows allot about getting wheels to fit.

http://t3technique.com/
Bones
QUOTE(OU8AVW @ Feb 2 2014, 10:07 AM) *

This guy has a Vanagon shop and makes cool adapters and spacers. He lists hub centric and custom designs. He's active on the Samba and other Vanagon sites, seems real cool and he knows allot about getting wheels to fit.

http://t3technique.com/

Thanks, Mike.

Jim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.