Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ISO CV Safety wiring primer
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
HalfMoon
Just ordered the bolts/washers/tool and wire from 914 Rubber.
Having never safety wired anything, I was wondering if there's a vid (or even just pictures) somewhere detailing the wiring of the CV bolts for the 914?
I'm rebuilding my CV's (and training arm bushings/wheel bearings) and thought I'd safety wire em after they've been properly torqued.
Thanks,
David
bulitt
New washers are also recommended.

IPB Image

here is a link

Mcmaster
HalfMoon
QUOTE(bulitt @ Jan 31 2014, 08:49 PM) *

New washers are also recommended.

IPB Image

here is a link

Mcmaster

I oredered the drilled 12 points from 914 Rubber and the washers come with em! Saweet :-)
McMark
IMHO, this isn't aircraft safety wiring where you have a 10,000' drop if something fails. So strict adherence to technical safety wiring rules isn't critical. Read the rules/spec but don't stress about it.
HalfMoon
QUOTE(McMark @ Jan 31 2014, 09:30 PM) *

IMHO, this isn't aircraft safety wiring where you have a 10,000' drop if something fails. So strict adherence to technical safety wiring rules isn't critical. Read the rules/spec but don't stress about it.

Chuckle,
Well I am flying the Dark Side so while it might not be a 10k drop it sure could be exciting!
Thanks for the tip driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.